uniqs
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

1 recommendation

davidhoffman

Premium Member

Bribery of building superintendents and landlords in NYC.

"Gifts" and "Payments for unique services" to landlords and building supers has been SOP for decades in NYC. Pay or bad things happen to you. No different than thugs who demand payment to travel on public sidewalks and roadways years ago. No different than lunchroom bullies.
chgo_man99
join:2010-01-01
Sunnyvale, CA

chgo_man99

and they say Chicago or Illinois most corrupted in the nation. ha!

A&t had in most places no problem with installing u-verse, even in the city of Chicago, though I remember the rollout in the city was slower than in suburbs, not only because it was easier to start in less dense neighborhoods but they also needed permit from neighborhood to neighborhood.

Its not as fast as FIOS, but I am not a heavy big downloader. I have 12mb and I can with no problem stream HD videos, play video games or make voip phone calls.
davidhoffman
Premium Member
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA

1 recommendation

davidhoffman

Premium Member

I grew up in the Chicago area. The worst thing was the mayor closing Meigs Field airport so his wife and her friends could have a flower garden. The city had flower gardens all over. He destroyed an existing Tuskegee Airman and Experimental Aircraft Association partnership that introduced young people to aviation and could have resulted in a unique aviation school and museum. The city council got paid off with cheap trinkets. They did nothing to stop a very short sighted action by an abusive corrupt dictator. If the larger business community and African American education advocacy groups are strongly saying, "Please, do NOT shut down this unique aviation facility.", and it happens anyway, it shows how ridiculously corrupt and stupid the mayor and city council were. You rarely get that kind of broad community agreement on anything. To ignore that consensus, for fear of a deranged mayor, is Chicago.

footballdude
Premium Member
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO

footballdude

Premium Member

said by davidhoffman:

If the larger business community and African American education advocacy groups are strongly saying, "Please, do NOT shut down this unique aviation facility.", and it happens anyway, it shows how ridiculously corrupt and stupid the mayor and city council were.

And did any of them get voted out of office or did the Chicago faithful just keep on reelecting the same crooks?
NOVA_UAV_Guy
Premium Member
join:2012-12-14
Purcellville, VA

NOVA_UAV_Guy

Premium Member

Probably the latter. The same thing continues to happen with the local "leadership" in Washington, DC. IIRC, Marion Barry is still on the city council there. The idiots keep seeing "D" next to the names and vote them in like there's no tomorrow, with no regard to the person's record, agenda, or intelligence. (Come to think of it, that's kind of like the races for our national elected offices too. How sad.)