All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
wayner92
join:2006-01-17
Toronto, ON

wayner92 to TechChime

to TechChime

Re: Well I think I'm Happy With Barrie's 150/10 Upgrade!

What router do you have? A lot of routers don't have the WAN-LAN throughput to do that.
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime

wayner92
Toronto, ON

wayner92

So I guess that means that you are using the Rogers gateway as your router as well. Many people put this gateway in bridge mode and only use it as a cable modem as they prefer their existing router.
TechChime
join:2012-11-17
Barrie, ON

TechChime

said by wayner92:

So I guess that means that you are using the Rogers gateway as your router as well. Many people put this gateway in bridge mode and only use it as a cable modem as they prefer their existing router.

I actually need to replace my router. Using the old old linksys with custom firmware but its 10/100 router so clearly can't use that for top speeds.

Any suggestions on really good routers right now?
wayner92
Toronto, ON

wayner92

The Asus 56 and 66 are well thought of. Here is a graph of the WAN-LAN throughput that I was mentioning: »www.smallnetbuilder.com/ ··· rts/view

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to TechChime

MVM

to TechChime
said by TechChime:

Any suggestions on really good routers right now?

The Netgear WNDR4500 or if you have many smart devices [iphones, tablets, smart TV, etc.] the Netgear R6300.
Ree
join:2007-04-29
h0h0h0

Ree to wayner92

to wayner92
Thanks for that. I don't like the range on the Hitron so I'll probably be buying a router in the near future, and that'll help me eliminate the crap!