spc
Search similar:

uniqs
LondonOntGuy
join:2004-05-12
London, ON

LondonOntGuy

Please get new hold music

I can't be the only one that is annoyed by this awful 'music' that plays whilst you're on hold waiting to talk to someone. If you're against springing for new music because of cost or whatever, why not just use a local radio station instead? I can't imagine it would cost much, if anything at all.

After 20 minutes of being on hold, I'm about ready to smash my phone in a nerd rage because of how awful and how much the music is getting on my nerves.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

I thought they recently changed the music? I haven't had the need to call in awhile so i cannot confirm if it changed.

neuromancer1
join:2007-01-22
York, ON

neuromancer1 to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
I never call anymore, I use the direct forum but they played terrible Guns and Roses for hold music. After about 30 seconds I was about to rip my ears off after listening to such crap.
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
Rick Astley please

TSI Gabe
Router of Packets
Premium Member
join:2007-01-03
Gatineau, QC

TSI Gabe

Premium Member

nonono.

Rick Roll it is

XNemesis
join:2002-11-16
Kitchener, ON

XNemesis to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
If you guys ACTUALLY put RickRoll in as your hold music even for a few days, I'd call in just to LMFAO!!
funny0
join:2010-12-22

funny0 to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
just hang up and note the number and when person calls back

"OH its you again" in a hal sounding voice
"dave someone is waiting"
then play 2001 for rest of call

MacGyver

join:2001-10-14
Vancouver, BC

MacGyver to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
If you want better hold music, then you have to pay for it.

»Your hold music..

Otherwise do your business through the direct forum and avoid being on hold altogether.
jkoblovsky
join:2011-09-27
Keswick, ON

jkoblovsky to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
Just a thought, why not go with an internet radio station for hold music? There's a lot of really good net radio stations out there on all types of genre's. Could also serve as discovery of net radio for your customers. Or to expand even set it up so that the customer can choose which genre they want to listen to, then load up a genre specific net radio station. Just some idea's that popped into my head here while reading this.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to LondonOntGuy

Premium Member

to LondonOntGuy
I was pretty sure we posted the ENTIRE list of On Hold Music a while back. You can find that very list right here, On Hold Music Oh did they change it since 2012-02-28 as Posted by JenSuisUn See Profile?
LondonOntGuy
London, ON

LondonOntGuy

If it's a Socan thing, would you be able to use a steam of an American station ?

JenSuisUn
Premium Member
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON

2 recommendations

JenSuisUn to TwiztedZero

Premium Member

to TwiztedZero
Our hold music when you reach the Q is non royalty songs. When getting placed on hold by an agent, you get Sirius music.

The reason behind the on Q music not being on Sirius is due to our Phone provider system. We are currently awaiting a patch that would allow us to use Sirius. Until such time, Sirius will not be able to be used. As for Rick Rolling our customer, due to Socan, this won't be an option.

Martin
LondonOntGuy
London, ON

1 edit

LondonOntGuy

That's beyond ridiculous. I always thought Socan covered the Canadian artists, and since Rick Astley is a Brit, it wouldn't matter.

Edit: Here's a link about them going after hair dressers. It's old but still relevant.
»www.cbc.ca/consumer/comm ··· lay.html
LondonOntGuy

LondonOntGuy

Waiting on hold again and to be honest, I'd rather there be no music at all.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Sorry you don't like it. You can always email if you prefer. We hope to have this patched soon so we can utilize what we pay for!
videonerd
join:2007-01-21

videonerd to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
I'd personally prefer just a subtle "boop boop" like the old Nortel systems. That way I can put the phone on speaker, mute the mic and go about doing my own thing without listening to grating lo-fi music.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

That was what we had before and we got complaints left right and center!
videonerd
join:2007-01-21

videonerd

Goes to the department of "be careful what you wish for."

I personally hate on-hold music. Who likes to listen to audio over a phone? Same people who listen to internet radio on speakerphone? Seriously.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to LondonOntGuy

Premium Member

to LondonOntGuy
Ideally, we don't have hold times That would fix everything!

We are working towards that (getting the wait times as low as possible)

jtl999
join:2012-11-24
canada

jtl999

Add a callback function. After 20 seconds say like "Press 2 then hang up then we will call you back when ready."

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

We already have a callback option. The issue is that its currently manually enabled or disabled. Ideally, it should offer one automatically based on the queue wait time...

Example, if Wait time is larger than, lets say, 10 minutes, offer callback.

I briefly looked into this before but it may not be a bad idea for me to bring it on the front burner.

PROJECT ACCEPTED
Guru
join:2008-10-01

Guru

You also have to have the agents available to call out bounds and if the calls are pouring in, it just makes it worse!!!!

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Having agents set aside for callbacks is counter-productive a bit. If we had available agents, we would put them in the queue so they could answer the calls so people wouldn't have to take callbacks.

We do have an outbound team which action ticket callbacks and such... This way, we are not tying down associates that are answering calls.

Its a good idea, but at this point, we just need as many people on the phone...

jtl999
join:2012-11-24
canada

jtl999 to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Your welcome.

Perma
join:2011-12-20

Perma to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
I've never had to call in, the direct forum is amazing.
LondonOntGuy
London, ON

LondonOntGuy

What about classical music? I would assume majority of it out there is public domain so that wouldn't be an issue, would it?

Perhaps hearing that could help calm down irate customers. You know, like when a Bell tech guy pulls a no-show and leaves the person wondering what happened.

noemails
@bell.ca

noemails to TSI Andre

Anon

to TSI Andre
you dont have an agent watching over the queue....aka qmon...that person should have the ability to turn off or on the call back feature. that person should also be watching the talk times of agents and have the ability to listen in and sede which agent is a deer in the headlights on a call and direct them in the correct direction or send over a floor walker to resolve the issue or pass it upto your second line of agents....

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

1 recommendation

TSI Andre to LondonOntGuy

Premium Member

to LondonOntGuy
Quite honestly no matter what I do, some people won't like it. Maybe I put classical and then someone complains about that.

I suppose that music is do for a refresher. Ill take a look. No promises
TSI Andre

TSI Andre to noemails

Premium Member

to noemails
We already have that in place. The next
Step is to automate it!
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to LondonOntGuy

to LondonOntGuy
There is no way to make everyone happy. Don't even try... You put on Classical, people will hate it, put on ROCK, others will complain. POP or AC.. same thing. Hopefully you can get the patch so Sirius can be used. As long as it's not the same song over and over and over, that's all I care, which was an issue with TSI there for a bit.

I'm not calling to listen to music, I'm calling to get help. If your calling to listen to the hold music, you really need to look at yourself as needing a change, not the music.