spc
Search similar:

uniqs

mikefenn
@sbcglobal.net

mikefenn

Anon

Uverse Removed East Coast Feeds

Is anyone else completed annoyed by the decision to switch USA, SyFy, Bravo, and others to the "West Coast" feeds?

We can have both feeds of TNT and TBS, but not these channels?

This does nothing but add DVR conflicts and restrict the west coast audience from viewing shows live. (e.g. WWE Raw on Mondays).

I will definitely be switching carriers soon.
nephipower
join:2012-02-20
San Antonio, TX

1 recommendation

nephipower

Oh the first world problems we have....
idiotek
join:2013-01-11

idiotek to mikefenn

to mikefenn
I'm pretty miffed about this too, first world problem or not I have posted my complaint to att channel request place (like they give a sh**) and will be switching to someone else if they don't restore it.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to mikefenn

to mikefenn
I wonder what their reason was for doing that... Aren't east coast feeds the default for all providers?
dishrich
join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

dishrich to mikefenn

to mikefenn
Mikefenn - where ARE you located; specifically which time zone ARE you actually in?

If you are in a west or mountain time zone, THAT's probably the very reason why all those channels were switched.
And it's something that AT&T was probably REQUIRED to do by those said programmers, due to their requirements that all providers carry the appropriate time zone feed for their (local) area. (hint: THAT'S why those channels have E/W feeds in the first place ) Many cable co. & other alternate (wireline) providers have had to switch to the proper feeds over the past couple years, so why would you think AT&T would be exempt from this. (& except for the 2 DBS providers, E feeds are NOT the default feeds)

They probably were letting AT&T slide on NOT having the correct feed, while they were getting their (U-verse) infrastructure up & running - but now the programmers want those viewers to get the correct feed now...

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan to mikefenn

Anon

to mikefenn
This notice was posted in November:

"Effective January 9, 2013, in CA and the Reno, NV, area, we will remove SyFy HD (channel 1151), Bravo HD (channel 1181), USA Network HD (channel 1124), G4 (channel 149) and Style (channel 380) and launch SyFy – West HD (channel 1152), Bravo – West HD (channel 1182), USA Network – West HD (channel 1125), G4 – West (channel 150) and Style – West (channel 381)."
Rangersfan

Rangersfan to nephipower

Anon

to nephipower
said by nephipower:

Oh the first world problems we have....

Yeah, ROFL
Rangersfan

Rangersfan to mikefenn

Anon

to mikefenn
said by mikefenn :

This does nothing but add DVR conflicts and restrict the west coast audience from viewing shows live. (e.g. WWE Raw on Mondays).

Doesn't the west coast have the same issue with certain live events which are delayed broadcast on local network TV stations?
Rangersfan

Rangersfan to dishrich

Anon

to dishrich
said by dishrich:

Mikefenn - where ARE you located; specifically which time zone ARE you actually in?

If you are in a west or mountain time zone, THAT's probably the very reason why all those channels were switched.
And it's something that AT&T was probably REQUIRED to do by those said programmers, due to their requirements that all providers carry the appropriate time zone feed for their (local) area. (hint: THAT'S why those channels have E/W feeds in the first place ) Many cable co. & other alternate (wireline) providers have had to switch to the proper feeds over the past couple years, so why would you think AT&T would be exempt from this. (& except for the 2 DBS providers, E feeds are NOT the default feeds)

They probably were letting AT&T slide on NOT having the correct feed, while they were getting their (U-verse) infrastructure up & running - but now the programmers want those viewers to get the correct feed now...

You are correct. AT&T doesn't care if a particular customer is receiving the east coast feed versus the west coast feed, but the programmers definitely do. It all has to do with generating prime time advertising revenue.
UverseTech2
join:2012-08-04

UverseTech2 to mikefenn

to mikefenn
This is exactly why people just DL the shows they want and with the added bonus of NO advertising

All you need is a fast connection
Matt7
join:2001-01-02
Columbus, OH

Matt7 to mikefenn

to mikefenn

Programer pressure likely... Cable providers (Time Warner, Comcast, Cox etc.) typically only carry the feed for the time zone your in.
Paralel
Michigan, US

Paralel to Rangersfan

to Rangersfan
said by Rangersfan :

"Effective January 9, 2013, in CA and the Reno, NV, area, we will remove SyFy HD (channel 1151), Bravo HD (channel 1181), USA Network HD (channel 1124), G4 (channel 149) and Style (channel 380) and launch SyFy – West HD (channel 1152), Bravo – West HD (channel 1182), USA Network – West HD (channel 1125), G4 – West (channel 150) and Style – West (channel 381)."

Oh well, in that case, it only makes sense. Why would people in CA get east coast feeds?
dishrich
Springfield, IL

dishrich

said by UverseTech2:

This is exactly why people just DL the shows they want and with the added bonus of NO advertising

All you need is a fast connection

Or just use the fricken (FREE) DVR that comes with the U-verse service in the first place - AND use the commercial skip button to boot!
said by Paralel:

Oh well, in that case, it only makes sense. Why would people in CA get east coast feeds?

And the only other "carriers" the OP can switch to solve his problem, is going to be DirecTV or DISH...
Paralel
Michigan, US

Paralel

said by dishrich:

...Or just use the fricken (FREE) DVR that comes with the U-verse service in the first place - AND use the commercial skip button to boot!

Since when do we have that button? I've never noticed that before.
StuMan357
join:2012-12-05
Simi Valley, CA

StuMan357 to Paralel

to Paralel
said by Paralel:

said by Rangersfan :

May I ask where these notifications are being listed??

Thanks

Rangersfan
@sbcglobal.net

Rangersfan

Anon

said by StuMan357:

May I ask where these notifications are being listed??

Thanks

»www.att.com/Common/iptv/ ··· dex.html

shortyd999
join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL

shortyd999

So are the only channels that all markets have both east and west feeds are TNT and TBS(not including the premium channels)?

anonguy
@igt.com

anonguy to mikefenn

Anon

to mikefenn
Yeah I will be switching carriers. My wife records enough shows during primetime already, and without the east coast feed offset for some of them, either she can't record or I can't watch TV.

WWE Raw live is probably my biggest gripe about this.

I've called into AT&T and got the standard "we'll forward this to management" canned response (from someone who could barely speak english to boot), so I think it's time to switch.
dishrich
Springfield, IL

dishrich to shortyd999

to shortyd999
said by shortyd999:

So are the only channels that all markets have both east and west feeds are TNT and TBS(not including the premium channels)?

TruTV & Cartoon do as well

FWIW, both sat providers also offer E & W feeds of Cartoon, Disney & Nickelodeon in ALL markets...

shortyd999
join:2008-10-21
Birmingham, AL

shortyd999

said by dishrich:

said by shortyd999:

TruTV & Cartoon do as well

FWIW, both sat providers also offer E & W feeds of Cartoon, Disney & Nickelodeon in ALL markets...

Oh yea I forgot about Cartoon Network. I'm my market we only have one TruTV HD channel, not the west coast feed( unless you're just referring to the SD channels)

AJa99
@sbcglobal.net

AJa99 to Rangersfan

Anon

to Rangersfan
Posted where? Would have been nice to have them mail or e-mail this notice to everyone. I came home from vacation to find no episodes recorded from the SyFy Channel, 1151.