join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to alkizmo

Premium Member

to alkizmo

Re: USB Charger Receptacle

said by alkizmo:

Where do people put these anyway?

For me, I put it behind the dresser in my bedroom. At night, I come home, plug the work and personal cell phones into the cables laying on the dresser and forget about them until it's time to leave the house again.
makaze
Premium Member
join:2004-02-23
USA

makaze

Premium Member

said by ke4pym:

said by alkizmo:

Where do people put these anyway?

For me, I put it behind the dresser in my bedroom. At night, I come home, plug the work and personal cell phones into the cables laying on the dresser and forget about them until it's time to leave the house again.

I'm gonna be installing 2 of these in my bedroom soon, no more hunting for a usb to ac adapter, just the cables when charging my phones.

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo

said by makaze:

I'm gonna be installing 2 of these in my bedroom soon, no more hunting for a usb to ac adapter, just the cables when charging my phones.

You'll be hunting the cables then

I just buy a bunch of USB chargers with an equal number of cables and leave them in key locations. It's less permanent if I change my habits.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by alkizmo:

said by makaze:

I just buy a bunch of USB chargers with an equal number of cables and leave them in key locations. It's less permanent if I change my habits.

This hasn't been an issue for me. I put a sticky zip tie on the back of the dresser to keep them from falling behind it.

Now, this is for cell phones only. I don't have any other USB based devices that need charging. Could see it as an issue if I had an iPad or some such. But I don't.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to makaze

MVM

to makaze
I have found that these work quite well, and are easy to move when furniture gets re-arranged.

»www.amazon.com/Belkin-Ou ··· lkin+usb
nocannothave
join:2006-10-14
Kennewick, WA

nocannothave to alkizmo

to alkizmo
said by alkizmo:

said by makaze:

Cables for every port. Done and done.