Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88 to drslash

Premium Member

to drslash

Re: [IA] Pace HD DVR

AFAIK DirecTV leases their equipment so eventually they will start recycling their equipment.

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by Anonymous88:

AFAIK DirecTV leases their equipment so eventually they will start recycling their equipment.

I have been Directv customer 5 different times. Yep you read that right 5 new different installs. Every time I got NEW equipment and always the latest and greatest. Installs and equipment was always free but with a 2 year contract with a minimum of a Basic Programming package.

I think they recycle equipment to replacements to existing in contract customers - not new customers.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

OK but it still does not mean you are guaranteed to get new hardware every single time. You can't blame companies for recycling. These DCTs can cost $500 or so each and it just does not make any sense to trash them after you get done with your 2 year contract and cancel it (most people play the game to save money like you do).

I will say that Mediacom is using some DCTs that should have been phased out long time ago. But that's not up to me. I like new equipment too BTW

Lazy Senior
join:2012-01-10
Cobden, IL

Lazy Senior

said by Anonymous88:

You can't blame companies for recycling.

Agreed. I would expect units to be re-furbished, at least getting rid of the beer stains and cigarette smell.

Anonymous88
Premium Member
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

said by Lazy Senior:

said by Anonymous88:

You can't blame companies for recycling.

Agreed. I would expect units to be re-furbished, at least getting rid of the beer stains and cigarette smell.

Or not using Sharpies to fix scratches...