how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

timbrookwood

join:2013-01-10
Mooresboro, NC

[Availability] dsl/uverse availability

i live within .07 miles from vrad/dslam terminal (tan boxes) and within .04 miles from a dslam (alpha) box on pole... for past 6 months i have attempted to acquire either dsl or uverse internet... i have posts along my road that state "buried fiber optic/copper cable" ..... that lead to ped at corner of my yard... neighbors have dsl.. att representatives advise "no open ports"

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1
That no open ports means they have no more availability in your area till someone dies, cancels or moves or till they add more ports... Your odds are in much more favor of the first three though. :-/

timbrookwood

join:2013-01-10
Mooresboro, NC
thank you

AMDUSER
Premium
join:2003-05-28
Earth,
kudos:1
The alternative is to order from an At&t reseller, like Dslextreme.. sometimes they will have some ports reserved for resellers, or it may cause At&t to upgrade the dslam to add additional ports.

Canezoid
End of line

join:2001-02-16
Powder Springs, GA
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by AMDUSER:

The alternative is to order from an At&t reseller, like Dslextreme.. sometimes they will have some ports reserved for resellers, or it may cause At&t to upgrade the dslam to add additional ports.

This is not the case in the SE for DSL services any longer. AT&T does not "re-sale" to 3rd party providers through company owned dslams, only POTS services that way here.

graysonf
Premium,MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL
kudos:2
I don't know where you got that idea from. I know numerous people here in the AT&T SE region on 3rd party DSL on AT&T DSLAMs.