spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JoeP

@sbcglobal.net

DSL vs Uverse Internet

I have had DSL Pro many years. It has slowed down to about 2.2Mbits for downloads (was 2.5). I am about 14000 feet from central office. The uVerse box is about 2500 feet and my next door neighbor gets 12 Mbits using uVerse. I would like to keep my analog line. I have another unused pair to the house. Is it possible/feasable to get uVerse on the other line or is there some way reuse the same existing line?
Thanks a lot.
Joe

davidhoffman
Premium
join:2009-11-19
Warner Robins, GA
kudos:2

No, you will not be able to keep the old telephone and DSL lines. It is sad to say, but AT&T generally permanently disconnects the old when they put in Uverse. Technically they can leave both running, but they do NOT in practice do that.

ILpt4U
Premium
join:2006-11-12
Lisle, IL
kudos:9
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse

said by davidhoffman:

No, you will not be able to keep the old telephone and DSL lines.

Only half right. No, you cannot keep traditional ADSL with an active U-Verse VDSL2/ADSL2+ signal at your residence -- that is one or the other

However, it is perfectly acceptable to keep an analog POTS telephone line combined with U-Verse. POTS will and does line-share with VDSL2 or ADSL2+ just fine.

Make sure when you order you are clear with the Customer Service Rep that you would like to keep your traditional analog POTS line and you are NOT interested in U-Voice VoIP

If you are still interested in the switch, give 800.288.2020 a ring, visit uverse.att.com, or visit a local AT&T Store to begin the U-Verse ordering process