share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Annoyed, need help: MFC with FAX?

I thought there were lots of printers that were all in one that had fax capability, but my searching on newegg yields nothing. Are all these devices incapable of doing FAX today?

I want something for around 60-80 bucks that will copy, scan, printer color, and fax on a network or connected via USB. Is it that such a thing doesn't exist? Do I have to buy a stand alone fax machine?
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
kudos:1

I've had pretty good luck with Brother MFC. You might find one of these below list, somewhere: »www.brother-usa.com/MFC/Color_In···unction/

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

fax, man, FAX! What good is it if it won't FAX, that is the whole problem!

berserken

join:2011-03-27
Oakland, CA
kudos:1

Unattended fax, copy or scan using the up to 20-page ADF

Three of those say that @ $99.99. More further down but I see you want something cheap. Thus, "You might find one of these below list, somewhere..."

whymeintrouble
Premium
join:2001-06-20
Naperville, IL
reply to signmeuptoo

i would suggest being realistic in your expectations. your price point isn't high enough to get the fax with it. I would imagine around $100-120 should do the trick

koitsu
Premium,MVM
join:2002-07-16
Mountain View, CA
kudos:23
reply to signmeuptoo

Eh? My Canon PIXMA MX860 does faxing (that's one of the main reasons I bought it -- a lot of what I do requires physical signatures and not digital), as did my old Brother something-or-other (what a pile of junk). Usually with MFC printers today they offer multiple capabilities sans Ethernet, then multiple capabilities with Ethernet, then multiple capabilities and fax and Ethernet. The reason is that less and less people are using faxes today. If you need a fax service, you might look at the multitudes of online fax providers.
--
Making life hard for others since 1977.
I speak for myself and not my employer/affiliates of my employer.