Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Epichappy

join:2012-05-14
Kitchener, ON
reply to RLBL

Re: Why Do you stay?

Okay, I'm going to reply to the OP without reading anything then If I have something to add I'll edit it in later, so this being my unedited version.

First, I have never had an issue with rogers' service, support, sales, or otherwise. The only thing they have ever done to get me angry was the stupid MSO password bridge lock on the SMC but I have the cisco now and its MSO password stays the same... also cusadmin appears to have all the same rights on the device.

Anyway, they are fast when I need them to be, the cable offers all the channels I need (in 1080i but this is ATSC/QAM's fault not rogers', and my AVR Does pretty good DE-interlacing) Their home phone functions and they rewired my house so If I do cancel I can put in a skype phone adapter or anything else to my main line, unlike bell who doesn't use a port, but directly connects the line. So for those of you who have an issue, get a better package. Seriously I'm tired of people on extreme or express bitching about their caps, If you really cared about your internet speed would be the most important factor and you would be on ultimate.

So, price...It is not the best but if you want good quality you need to pay a lot, sure fios is cheaper and faster, but that is in the US and I am in Ontario . So why do I stay? I suppose because I have disposable income and value quality, if bell's 175/175 was in my area I might switch... but still I would loose my yahoo email and have to have a person in my house... I hate people.

bt

join:2009-02-26
canada
kudos:1

1 edit

said by Epichappy:

Seriously I'm tired of people on extreme or express bitching about their caps, If you really cared about your internet speed would be the most important factor and you would be on ultimate.

That is hands down the dumbest comment in this thread.

I'm fine with you considering speed the most important thing for yourself. But saying that anyone who doesn't feel that way is wrong, that's what I have a problem with.

Why would I need 150 Mbps when it is only the usage limits holding me back?

I don't need the speed to stream HD video - at 18 Mbps I can have multiple HD streams going and not notice a slow-down.

My system updates are scheduled for the middle of the night. I don't care if they take an hour or two to download instead of 5 minutes. Besides, they're running in the background.

None of the games I play would run any better with a faster connection, they all use well under the 18 Mbps while playing, and the ping won't improve by upping the speed either.

About the only thing I'd use more speed for is digital downloads.

abitbent

join:2004-04-23
Brantford, ON
Reviews:
·magicjack.com
·Start Communicat..
·Rogers Hi-Speed

said by bt:

said by Epichappy:

Seriously I'm tired of people on extreme or express bitching about their caps, If you really cared about your internet speed would be the most important factor and you would be on ultimate.

Hey here's a Ferrari with a top speed of 300MPH. Now don't take it out of the driveway or we'll penalize you.

Thanks for the speed Rogers.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:11
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to bt

said by bt:

said by Epichappy:

I gotta agree with BT on the stupidity of that comment; I used to have extreme with TekSavvy and now I have express with Start and honestly the only thing that I miss is the 1Mbps upload, although I barely miss it and 512Kbps is suiting my needs just fine. The speed difference 28Mbps to 18Mbps isn't a big issue, just means that I need to wait longer for downloads to complete.

elitefx

join:2011-02-14
London, ON
kudos:2

1 edit

said by JCohen:

I gotta agree with BT on the stupidity of that comment; ......and honestly the only thing that I miss is the 1Mbps upload, although I barely miss it and 512Kbps is suiting my needs just fine. The speed difference 28Mbps to 18Mbps isn't a big issue, just means that I need to wait longer for downloads to complete.

Well, to me this is just the most Retarded comment I've ever seen.

LOL, just kidding although I do disagree with it.

BOTTOM LINE, THIS IS WHAT WE GET WHEN WE POST NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S OPINIONS.

This aint the schoolyard back home Dorothy.

It's the real world. People have a right to express themselves whether we agree with them or not............