uniqs
share rss forum feed

JALevinworth

@embarqhsd.net
reply to Snowy

Re: A primer on ID theft definitions...

F'dishing lol.

said by Snowy:

I'm going to guess the person going door to door is not an ID thief, just someone who didn't adequately vet the person or company their working for.
Probably an online ad such as Craigslist or someone responding to spam falling victim to a bogus job offer of delivering important documents to local addresses.
I'll guess the person doing the delivering is told that the house is in or going into foreclosure so that it makes sense when their told to NOT make any contact with the home residents for their own personal safety - but to tape the docs to the door & disappear.
Tracking back to the ID thief will be next impossible if the ID thief has even minimal skills in ID thievery.

I had to read this part three times.. (at first I thought you were saying it wasn't an ID theft attempt)... but agree, it probably was not the actual thief but a hired mule/accomplice to the actual ID thief.

said by Snowy:

Thanks for posting that up, never heard of that before.

Neither had I. Good on those people to smell something too as so many believe it can't or won't happen to them! Most people around here still leave their cars unlocked and many, although less, leave their homes open too it's so quiet crime wise. The rest have alarms.

-Jim

Snowy
Premium
join:2003-04-05
Kailua, HI
kudos:6
said by JALevinworth :

I had to read this part three times..

It get's even scarier when you consider English is my 1st language.

JALevinworth

@embarqhsd.net
said by Snowy:

said by JALevinworth :

I had to read this part three times..

It get's even scarier when you consider English is my 1st language.

It's usually my eyes. I read it _s_l_o_w_e_r_ and did so only because it was you, Snowy... cause I know you are the master here. "Ah, ok, gal is one step ahead and already dissecting the scam. That makes sense now."