spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rawrster

@sbcglobal.net

High Jitter and Ping & Very Unstable

This is one of the better test results. But playing online first-person shooters competitively is frustrating with these pings and jitter.

Here are some U-VRealtime Screenshots

Nuckfuts
Premium
join:2003-10-18
Joliet, IL

Unplug your RG for 30 seconds or more and try again. Your distance from the VRAD, line stats, bitloading graph, etc. are identical to mine and I ping around 25-26ms and 0-1ms jitter at ~50 miles. If you keep seeing problems post in the AT&T Direct forums (This is Tier 2 support) and see if they can find a possible line issue or an RG issue. BTW, what are you playing on for online FPS's? U-Verse VDSL does add some latency since it is interleaved and not fastpath.

»AT&T Direct

Rawrster

join:2013-01-11

1 edit

The spikes have stopped, for now, but my currently I ping at 62 and 5ms jitter at ~50mi. I'm pretty sure I'm on an interleaved line.

Nuckfuts
Premium
Joliet, IL

1 edit

You are since you are using a 3800 gateway. That is for VDSL which is interleaved which is higher latency than fastpath old school xDSL. You need to run a trace route and see what you hops are. Could be bad routing in your area.

Rawrster

Here is my tracert to google.

Nuckfuts
Premium
Joliet, IL

That looks good and comparable to mine. Do you play FPS on PC, Xbox, PS3, what game(s)?

Rawrster

1 edit

I'm a PC gamer primarily playing Team Fortress 2, Battlefield Heroes, Planetside 2.

The best ping test result I've gotten was 25-26 and 0-1 jitter(like yours) BUT that was for one night(for a few hours), and was the first or only time I've seen it that way.