spc
Search similar:

uniqs

dichoi
@sbcglobal.net

dichoi

Anon

Canceling DSL Extreme

I signed up for initial bait deal, after 12 months, received no email contact from DSL Extreme regarding any choices of opting out or changes in rates, finally found out that they've been charging me $37/per month for the last 3 months. I'm very disappointed in their customer service and lack of communication, especially when it comes to raising rates on their customer.

I've sent email to DSL extreme but no response to my request of cancellation or where to return modem. I've contacted ATT and they told me that once I sign up with them, they will cancel on DSL Extreme side. Is this true? I don't want to have a surprised bill from DSL Extreme few months down the line. Please advise... Thanks.

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

I can't say with regards to AT&T - they say a lot, don't always follow through (actually, if anything, I CAN say I've observed a number of cases where they did NOT contact us... but then again, I mostly see the trouble cases). However, if you sent us an email to cancel, you should have received a response email automatically from the system, when it created a new ticket for you - so if you didn't even get that response email, it's doubtful your cancellation request reached us (maybe a typo in the email address you were sending to?). If you want to send me a PM with your account info I can look into that for you.

sashwa
Mod
join:2001-01-29
Alcatraz
446.4 4.0

sashwa to dichoi

Mod

to dichoi
dichoi, in order to send Nick a pm you will need to register at the site. It's free, easy, and we don't sell email addresses.

»/join

Once you join you can come back to this thread and click on the wee yellow envelope at the bottom of Nick's post to send him your information.

Please do not post it here.

CCarson
join:2001-07-22
Redlands, CA

CCarson to dichoi

to dichoi
That's interesting...my experience is different. Several years in, I still get an e-mail every time my contract is coming up for a renewal.

dichoi
@sbcglobal.net

dichoi to dichoi

Anon

to dichoi
DSL X still have not reply @ where to send modem. Please advise to who and what address to to return modem. What information needed on the package so that DSL X do not haunt me few months down the line for not having received it. Thanks.

Please advise on this forum, unable to pm.

dslx_gm
ISP Employee
join:2002-12-26
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_gm

ISP Employee

After you place a cancellation request into our system at »www.dslextreme.com/cancel you should get the exact information on where to send the modem in the cancellation emails. Please note you need to place a cancellation request with us if you are canceling your service.

The address to send the modem back to is:

DSL Extreme
RMA: (Your Account Number)
21540 Plummer Street, Suite A
Chatsworth, CA 91311

As always we recommend sending the modem with some form of tracking.

Thanks,
George
andre2
join:2005-08-24
Brookline, MA

andre2

I just signed up with DSLX, and there were 2 options for the modem. The first just says something like "FREE modem ($14.95 shipping charge)". (That's not an exact quote, and I'm not sure about the exact shipping charge, but there was no indication whatsoever that it's actually a leased modem.) The second option (which I chose) was if you already have your own modem and want to use that. I really think the language in the sign-up form needs to make clear in the first option that the modem is leased, not "free".

dslx_nick
ISP Employee
join:2011-12-24
Chatsworth, CA

dslx_nick

ISP Employee

Hmmm, I see what you mean. I know our sales reps are always very good about stating it as a lease, but that page on the website isn't showing it. I'll contact the programming department to get that updated ASAP.
andre2
join:2005-08-24
Brookline, MA

andre2

said by dslx_nick:

Hmmm, I see what you mean. I know our sales reps are always very good about stating it as a lease, but that page on the website isn't showing it. I'll contact the programming department to get that updated ASAP.

Thanks. I didn't talk to the sales reps at all, just read this forum for a while and then signed up online, so the forum was the only way I knew it was leased.