uniqs
lijacobs
join:2010-07-30
Woodmere, NY

lijacobs to mig288

to mig288

Re: Phone# w/my FIOS said "No such number" for school

said by mig288:

Just an FYI., this website is specifically used for caller ID. This wouldn't indicate if your phone number is provisioned properly.

There is no such thing a 100% certainty, but if the site does an SS7 dip and finds the DN then there's a 99.9% chance that the line is provisioned.

mig288
Premium Member
join:2002-07-13
Cherry Hill, NJ

mig288

Premium Member

said by lijacobs:

said by mig288:

Just an FYI., this website is specifically used for caller ID. This wouldn't indicate if your phone number is provisioned properly.

There is no such thing a 100% certainty, but if the site does an SS7 dip and finds the DN then there's a 99.9% chance that the line is provisioned.

I see many instances where a block of numbers are exchanged between providers and mistakenly give a few subscribers numbers with it. i.e. John has at&t and his number fall in this line range - 555-220-xxxx. Then the company exchanges that entire line range to sprint. Now John can't receive any calls and is putting in a trouble ticket.

When someone does a query into the NPAC database, we see the number now belongs to sprint. This typically doesn't happen on a large scale, but it happens.