spc
Search similar:

uniqs

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin

Anon

Is wow dieing?

I'm sad atm. The guild I have been raiding with on main(8/16 atm) is server transfering while I wont be. The reason is server although med pop is dieing.
I understand where they are coming from as I was waiting for cigtyme to get on and raid with darklogic and jobbie, but no additional dps could be found.
I fondly remember WOTLK where I had 4 toons raiding and could pug at anytime(miss the seperate lockouts)
During Cat, I had one toon 8/8 heroic and 2 more 6/8 heroic and 5 more with heroic kills and could pug at anytime.

Now blizz puts this 1000 valor cap and daily grind, so most players have only one toon to raid and pugs are dead and finding a replacement for a raid is next to impossible and guilds are dieing out

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

1 recommendation

I AM

Premium Member

WoW is dying the same way that spelling correctly is. Have you seen how children of today type?

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

1 recommendation

Venom14

wtf r u talkin bout?

edit: Personally, I blame cell phones.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
Last night was really sad having tanks and healers ready and calling the night because 2 dps missing. Like you said it is really hard to focus on more than two toons at a time.

Just an example on what is happening I get my 21 sigils of power(lol) and 10 sigils of wisdom to the Black Prince turn in the quest and I don't get the next one when I checked my quest log I saw that I have't completed the "get honored with me" quest so I can get the next step, I just couldn't find the time to do more dailies on the shaman while leveling/raiding with other toons.

Getting back on topic, I feel that WoW is going to take a huge huge hit when all the Annual Passes start expiring between March and July they are probably going to offer a new with the Starcraft 2 expansion so that could help with the decay, but still they need to do something.
Vinceruos_t
join:2012-05-04

Vinceruos_t to tuladrin

to tuladrin
Wow has been dying for 8 years, or so people keep saying. Wow is def not dying. Some servers are having population issuse, but Wow as a whole is going as strong as ever and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone

Premium Member

said by Vinceruos_t:

Wow as a whole is going as strong as ever and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

Rocks have been smoked.
Vinceruos_t

Vinceruos_t

How is GW2 going? lol

mettachain
Goblineer
join:2011-09-27
Azeroth

mettachain

said by Vinceruos_t:

How is GW2 going? lol

From what I hear and have seen, GW2 is doing just fine. It's been a while since I've seen you post on here Vincerous_t, what happened? You take a break from World of Dailycraft too and just get back in?
mettachain

mettachain to tuladrin

to tuladrin
said by tuladrin :

Is wow dieing?

It's dying

Skittles
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31

Skittles to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

Wow as a whole is going as strong as ever and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.

WoW is definitely not as strong as ever. WoW bled a lot of subscribers prior to MoP launch and though it resurged with annual pass and the xpac it still is not on the level of the numbers of BC/WotLK.

WoW will be around for 10-20 yrs more as long as there are a few folks playing and a server left up....look at Ultima, Asheron's Call, DAoC, Everquest.....MMOs dont die they just fade into cult followings.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

How is GW2 going? lol

It's great. If you ever actually played GW2 though, you wouldn't look like such a dumb fuck whenever you attempt to troll the GW2 thread.
said by mettachain:

It's been a while since I've seen you post on here Vincerous_t, what happened?

He's got an email alert set for himself to troll the GW2 thread every 2 weeks on the dot. He pops in there like clockwork.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

LOL. Yes it sure is. Like Jobbie said we'll see what happens to sub numbers after the annuals expire. Maybe they conjure up something new. Like pay for an annual pass and you get the new SC EXPANSION!!!!
I AM

I AM to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
said by Venom14:

wtf r u talkin bout?

AMIRITE?! NE Ways TTYL lunch!
Vinceruos_t

Vinceruos_t to I AM

to I AM
IDK maybe its my personal persepctive with wow. My guild is going as strong as ever. We get consistant apps all the time and never have any problem filling our raid. Some people come and go but thats real life. IDK what you guys are experiancing with wow, but from my perspective its as strong as its ever been. Its different of course because a lot of changes have been made, mostly for the good. But still going strong and I'm having a blast this expac. But yea have fun with GW2. I heard it has a great endgame.

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to tuladrin

Anon

to tuladrin
If I had a bet, I would bet wow will see its most rapid decline of subscribers ever when the new numbers come out after annual passes. Granted many will continue to say wow is fine because it will still have 6 to 7 million subscribers, more than about 20 other mmos combined, but it just wont be the same wow

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

In my very own personal case, I will buy the Starcraft 2 expansion separately and won't enroll on a new annual pass, if I keep my sub it will be on the normal "optional" montly basis.
Vinceruos_t

Vinceruos_t to tuladrin

to tuladrin
In my opinion it seems the only haters that contiunually hate on wow are people who have quit wow for w/e reasons, but they feel they must contiue to spread hate about it to try to get other people to quit. IDK why they do this, but it is what it is I guess. I will admit the dailies did seem a little over whelming at first, but wih the change to rep gains the dailies are fine now. It takes like 4 days of dailies to hit revered. Easily obtained. And all you need is honored to buy most of the valor gear which takes like 2 days of dailies. People cry over the dumbest shit. But like I said, mostly just former wow playes who like to spread hate bc they are depressed they cant find another game as good as Wow. MoP is an amazing expac and anyone who says otherwise is either 1. lying 2. in a shitty guild and cant find spots in raids/RBGs/Arenas.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Vinceruos_t:

MoP is an amazing expac and anyone who says otherwise is either 1. lying 2. in a shitty guild and cant find spots in raids/RBGs/Arenas.

Because everybody is in for top raids/RBGs/Arenas, I am fine with my current progression since I am playing with great people but the way they implemented some things it makes it just harder for many of us, specially altoholics.

Ramikor
@comcastbusiness.net

Ramikor to tuladrin

Anon

to tuladrin
Hey Tuladrin,

Am I correct that you're on Galakrond? My guild, Rez Pls, recently started raiding again, but some of our members have been having RL issues so we've been inconsistent. We usually raid T, Th, Sun, 6 pm - 8pm server. If you're on Galakrond, drop me a game mail, and let's see whether it might be a good fit. If you want to see our kills, they're on Youtube; just search Rez Pls. We're only on the fifth boss, but we've only had maybe 3 sessions on it.

I haven't recruited here before because I didn't want to poach on Cigtyme, and I know he usually raids at the same time. However, even if you don't end up joining Rez Pls, seeing as you are guildless, maybe a regular alt-thing might be mutually beneficial.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
Have you noticed (maybe you haven't from grinding of daily quests) that Blizzard hasn't touted or bragged about MoP sales like they did with Wrath and Cataclysm?

But it must be going stronger then ever since my guild gets applications every week!!
cigtyme
Coonass and Proud of it
join:2010-08-17
Houma, LA

cigtyme to Ramikor

to Ramikor
That is much appreciated Ram, but RL is kicking my ass right now. Buying a house. New upper management at work. Some dramatastic stuff also happening, that i cannot get into. It is like a really bad Jerry Springer type scenerio.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
said by Vinceruos_t:

But yea have fun with GW2. I heard it has a great endgame.

Actually endgame is pretty fun.

There will always be hardcore players of any game. But a dying game is a dying game. Servers are becoming empty and everyone is moving servers. Blizzard won't admit it. I don't hate WoW. I don't hate Apple. I just dislike how people blindly follow it religiously.
Vinceruos_t

Vinceruos_t to Ghastlyone

to Ghastlyone
All I hear is "blah blah blah GW2 sux wow is awesome I hate my life wish I could play wow again". But for reals. Wow, just as in life, is what you make of it. If you log on and spend your time by yourself killing 1 million bores then yea I could see it getting old pretty fast. But if you surround yourself with people that you like with common interests and spice things up then you can still have an incredible experiance. I like how you try to keep throwing up sales numbers and statisitcs to try to devalue WoW. I think there is 1 number you may have overlooked. WOW subs > then all other MMOs combined. Including GW2. But yea I guess wow is about to die forever and ever. ROFL

Goldheart
join:2002-06-09
Las Cruces, NM

Goldheart to tuladrin

to tuladrin
I am on a lot of realms and I have definitely noticed a major decline.

The dailies have not helped. People don't want to do those just so they can raid.

CRZ hasn't helped. Blizzard is forcing people who were happy on PvP servers to move. Even then you still have annoying issues with huge numbers of people camping nodes, quest mobs, etc. It is bad enough that people are quitting.

The game really isn't as fun anymore. There is not much community. No consequences for bad behavior. No real rewards for good behavior.

And of course the holiday season has been a huge impact. People are just not available for playing and some haven't come back. Or came back and said "Why am I doing this??"

I could go on but that is the gist of it.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
Why do you need to bring GW2 to the discussion in the first place, feels like a weak way to deflect attention on the real issue.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Vinceruos_t

Premium Member

to Vinceruos_t
I agree it is about who you play with. Minecraft with people I like over > anything.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

said by Vinceruos_t:

Rocks have been smoked.

LMAO +1

tuladrin
@idv.net

tuladrin to tuladrin

Anon

to tuladrin
Ramikor: I wil definetly look you guys up. Cig kills me because they go 7 to 10pm server and I have to get up at 1:30am server so I cant commit to cig . Do you have room for a hunter? Wont be this week because we wiped at 0% on Garalon at enrage timer and want to get him and possibly Wind Lord, then the guild is moving.

Arthritis
join:2011-10-20
Canada

2 recommendations

Arthritis to Vinceruos_t

to Vinceruos_t
For the record, I’m a WoW quitter. I haven’t played for two months. I loved the game immensely and have nothing but good things to say. I also agree Mists of Pandaria is a great game as well. I wasn’t bored at it, or in a shitty guild or found something better. But they changed the “flavor” of it too much for me that I don’t enjoy it anymore. According to you, this makes me a hater.

They changed the taste of Coca Cola once too, and a lot of people who grew up drinking it gave it up completely…me included. They did it because they could and didn’t really think about me and others that practically grew up on the stuff, they just changed it. I didn’t like the change, so I left. So did a lot of others. A LOT.

Hitting them in the pocketbook, they recanted. When they changed it, I came back.

The same applies to Warcraft. If you don’t think they changed the “flavor” of end game raid progression and life at max level, I have to doubt you have any real prior experience about what you’re trying to talk about. And please try to remember some other players have a different perspective on life in WoW, our experiences might be vastly different from yours. For example, when I see nexxus crystals, arcane crystals and righteous orbs, I think 40 man Naxxramus, so maybe my palette might be a bit different than yours.

But please make no mistake, they changed the flavor completely, but the bean counters of the world learned from Coca Cola and forecast these kind of things. Yearlong subscriptions, free mount and free Diablo say hello.

But like it or not, people are leaving WoW at a good steady pace.. On large servers, it goes unnoticed. Small servers are just disappearing, and maybe that’s the plan. Guilds, usually with the best and most proficient players on the server in them, are transferring off these servers in droves and leaving small population servers at their own expense. Smart business if you ask me, instead of paying the expense yourself, get the player base to do it for you? Makes up for the quitters as well.

Like or not, they changed the flavor man, and some of us don’t like the taste anymore. And when it goes back, I’ll be back.

That doesn’t make me a hater by any definition, I’m just loyal to what I consider to be perfection in the first place.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Venom14

Premium Member

to Venom14
said by Venom14:

wtf r u talkin bout?

No, these shorcuts began before texting.

AIM, ICQ, MSN etc are to blame.