Azeroth
kudos:1
reply to BG5150

Re: Is wow dieing?

said by BG5150:

said by mettachain:

It's dying

Or is it dyeing?

Well, I guess WoW has changed its color for this expansion. Pokemon battles and such....
--
Use that Kudos button damnit!

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
Was fun. If only there was a game we could all play together. Like dated graphics, sub-based, unbalanced pvp, endless dailies, slowly dieing but we could all still get on and chit chat. Oh wells.

TheThing

join:2012-08-10
said by I AM:

Was fun. If only there was a game we could all play together. Like dated graphics, sub-based, unbalanced pvp, endless dailies, slowly dieing but we could all still get on and chit chat. Oh wells.

haha! this isn't the twilight zone son, don't be ludicrous!

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
said by TheThing:

said by I AM:

haha! this isn't the twilight zone son, don't be ludicrous!

LUDA!!! Too fast (too fast) too furious (too furious) too fast too fast for yall mang!
--

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
Are we switching topics now?

Watermasta

join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA
Lets talk about sad animal movies.

I was buying a new harness for my dog at the store the other day and they had Homeward Bound playing on a small tv right above the register. It was the part where Shadow got trapped in the mud and Champ was trying to pull him out...Almost made me cry in the store.

mettachain
Goblineer

join:2011-09-27
Azeroth
Michael J Fox should do one of those animal narration movies like Morgan Freeman. It would definitely be awesome
--

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
What, like Tea Time with Alan Rickman?

Ramikor

@comcastbusiness.net
reply to tuladrin
Tuladrin and Cig:

RL has been kicking Rez Pls for some time now, hence Rez Pls is only 4 bosses in. That said, maybe we can take those lemons and make some lemonade! I'm not GM (my wife, Eliance, is) or even on our board, so I can't promise anything, but if Cig's guild isn't raiding right now, it sounds like we may be a good fit to help each other out. Maybe Cig's guildies can fill our holes until you start raiding again. That's not much, but it's better than not raiding when you want to raid.

Tuladrin: we have two good hunters (see vids) already, BUT we also have some alt flexibility. One of our hunters is both reserve tank and reserve healer. All we can do is see if we can make it work and if the personalities fit.

With regard to the main topic, I say no. WoW goes through cycles, and it has been a bit of an extended down cycle as far as subscriptions go. However, pretty much any other MMORPG would love to have an up cycle half as good as WoW's down cycle. Like any expac, there's stuff to like, and stuff not to like in Pandaria. WoW may contract, but it won't die any time soon.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to TheThing
said by TheThing:

In WoW I could get people to rage on my Ret Pally by swtiching on and off seal of righteouness, just to screw up the tank's aggro

With my mage every time a tank gets uppity I just start sheeping everything and watch his aggro meters go whacky. Of course Invis is always close at hand.
--
#7 and climbing again... 3-0 in Big East. Scott Shafer named Syracuse's head football coach. He was our defensive coordinator for the last 4 years and I look forward to even better things next year!

Arthritis

join:2011-10-20
Canada
reply to TheThing
said by TheThing:

how could WoW get me back?

Go F2P or $5 a month

add skins, pets, and mounts for micro transactions... and I'll never leave again

Tera just went F2P after being sub based... it went from like 100k players to like 400k+ over night... (just estimating based on global chat explosion since i left)

WoW would get 5x larger if it went F2P...

but WoW will never go F2P until the WoW killer emerges (like the anti-christ) or some shit... then it will be pointless

I'm much simpler to please.

I'd come back if it started snowing again in Dun Morogh on a regular basis, and you could hear the "spring peepers" come out in any swamp or lake, when the sun was just starting to go down.

Heck, I'd be happy to see one of those torrential rain monsoons that would just sweep in in STV again.

Deschain

join:2012-12-13
Blighty
What DID happen to all that stuff ?

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Good morning all. Yes WoW is still dying.

Watermasta

Quantico, VA
Lies! I alone added 4 mil subs this weekend.

JB
Stay Gold
Premium
join:2009-05-14
reply to Watermasta
March of the penguins?

footballdude
Premium
join:2002-08-13
Imperial, MO
reply to tuladrin
Is WoW dying?

WoW died when Arthas did. What's left is just a shambling corpse. A popular corpse, but still dead. I haven't logged on in two years, yet every time I check things out I don't see anything that would make me want to come back.

When Garrosh finally gets killed I'll probably watch the cut scene on Youtube, because I wanted to kill him myself, but that's as close as I think I'm going to get.
--
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
reply to TheThing

In WoW I could get people to rage on my Ret Pally by swtiching on and off seal of righteouness, just to screw up the tank's aggro

this is confusing me why would this mess with a tanks aggro, unless you meant to say righteous fury
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
"What happened in here?" " Seems to have been a bit of a squabble." "They're all dead!" " More of a tif then."

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
reply to footballdude
said by footballdude:

Is WoW dying?

WoW died when Arthas did. What's left is just a shambling corpse. A popular corpse, but still dead. I haven't logged on in two years, yet every time I check things out I don't see anything that would make me want to come back.

TL;DR version

WoW Died when Footballdude got burnt out and therefore everyone else in the world should also be burnt out.

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Venom1
said by Venom1:

wtf r u talkin bout?

edit: Personally, I blame cell phones.

my 13 yr old niece texts me at the mall: we gunna be at da shoe store den we gunna meet u upstairs...

whats so hard about: at the shoe store, meet you upstairs after

this text talk is one of my biggest pet peeves
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Cuz we gotta Do Dis CraY CRAY!

Watermasta

Quantico, VA
tAlKiNg LiKe ThIs AnNoYs Me So VeRy MuCh!1!1!1

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to I AM
said by I AM:

Cuz we gotta Do Dis CraY CRAY!

aaargh! lol

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
Iz WOw DiEin'?

TheThing

said by I AM:

Iz WOw DiEin'?

gTfO

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI
reply to Josof
said by Josof:

my 13 yr old niece texts me at the mall: we gunna be at da shoe store den we gunna meet u upstairs...

Is she black?

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
All honestly I do blame texting. But I also blame WoW.

Things I learn from WoW.

AFK, AF, BBL, Bio, and other abbreviations I cannot think of atm.

TheThing

reply to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

said by Josof:

Is she black?

you should of responded: "Where you at girl?"

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
It is gurl or gurlo.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Venom1
said by Venom1:

wtf r u talkin bout?

edit: Personally, I blame cell phones.

I blame parents.
--
»Death Star Petition

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Just an example on what is happening I get my 21 sigils of power(lol) and 10 sigils of wisdom to the Black Prince turn in the quest and I don't get the next one when I checked my quest log I saw that I have't completed the "get honored with me" quest so I can get the next step, I just couldn't find the time to do more dailies on the shaman while leveling/raiding with other toons.

For the Black Prince Rep just go kill horde in the shield wall area.

Lots of them, and don't still till your revered (you'll save yourself some time from going back to get revered later.)

To get some added benefit from all those mob kills pick up the dailies(or don't it doesn't matter)
--
»Death Star Petition