Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie

Re: Is wow dieing?

said by Carpie:

If it is any indication, someone on Eredar last night was offering 1000g to anyone who would heal a Mog Vaults pug.

that's more of an indication of current raiding tier and the slow adjustment of the gaming community to the renewed emphasis of raiding to get raiding gear. Lots of casuals who are used to gearing up quickly outside of a raid to trivialize some of its mechanics are now spending months farming dailies or waiting for the next tier. Killing off alt progression, kills off alt raids and reduces the number of PUG raiders available.

WoW is fine. The age of the EverQuest and Warcraft I,II,III customer base might be drawing to a close, but they keep getting new players. The game could survive just fine with only half of its servers.

If you (generic term "you") are looking for a reason to quit WoW... stop looking for a mob to hide in, just make the decision for yourself. The ship isn't sinking... but if you are getting sea-sick... get off of the damn boat yourself.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing
said by TheThing:

said by I AM:

Need pics of cowboy outfit nao.

Your wife, and Saviouss wife are the only verified hotties...

I would never post a pic of my wife on here... she would crucify me

My wife askes me sometimes what did she ever see in me? I tell her nothing, I just have G.A.M.E! She looks at me like a retard afterwards. I always tell people if I can get married or find a spouse anyone can.

But yeah...something rogue backstab/shadowstep, hunter feign death. Back on topic.

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
said by Ghastlyone:

Have you noticed (maybe you haven't from grinding of daily quests) that Blizzard hasn't touted or bragged about MoP sales like they did with Wrath and Cataclysm?

But it must be going stronger then ever since my guild gets applications every week!!

I also noticed as to how quickly the reduced the price.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Snakeoil:

Nobody is going to buy 5+ expansions at $60 a piece + subscriptions to start playing a game and find out if they like it - all game developers do this.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Not the MIGHTY BLIZZARD/ACTIVISION!

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
I haven't seen one drop the price as fast as MOP dropped.
It went from 60 bucks to 30 bucks in 2 months. Most normally wait 6 months before dropping price.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to tuladrin

to tuladrin
how could WoW get me back?

Go F2P or $5 a month

add skins, pets, and mounts for micro transactions... and I'll never leave again

Tera just went F2P after being sub based... it went from like 100k players to like 400k+ over night... (just estimating based on global chat explosion since i left)

WoW would get 5x larger if it went F2P...

but WoW will never go F2P until the WoW killer emerges (like the anti-christ) or some shit... then it will be pointless

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

I haven't seen one drop the price as fast as MOP dropped.

Are you comparing subscription based games to subscription based games?

WoW's main revenue is subscriptions, (and maybe vanity pets, haha) - you can't compare this to a game that needs to make ALL of their income off game sales because they don't charge a subscription. Hopefully this makes sense.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

Snuff...Don't lie. You secretly buy and pull out those vanity pets when you're all alone.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Snakeoil

Premium Member

to Snakeoil
said by Snakeoil:

said by Ghastlyone:

Have you noticed (maybe you haven't from grinding of daily quests) that Blizzard hasn't touted or bragged about MoP sales like they did with Wrath and Cataclysm?

But it must be going stronger then ever since my guild gets applications every week!!

They ran some sales on it recently, but that was more likely due to the holidays and shopping season since a lot of games were on sale.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
Haha, not yet.

I didn't buy Limited Edition, and I didn't sign up for the annual pass like so many (Ghastlyone).

I will leave WoW happily as soon as there's a better replacement. Competition is good, makes WoW work harder, makes other game developers have to branch off from copying everything WoW does and actually attempt to make a unique quality product.

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

You mean You don't pull out that little gryphon and watch him do flips? It's soooooo cuuutteeee..

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by I AM:

You mean You don't pull out that little gryphon and watch him do flips? It's soooooo cuuutteeee..

He does flips? WTF, brb.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to I AM

to I AM
said by I AM:

Snuff...Don't lie. You secretly buy and pull out those vanity pets when you're all alone.

there is an abandoned cottage near goldshire along the river... with a fireplace

the WoW wife and I used to whisper sweet nothings to each other there...

WoW wife and IRL Wife... gotta keep em separated... new thread naow!

biomedical engineer, very cool chick

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

The ship isn't sinking... but if you are getting sea-sick... get off of the damn boat yourself.

The following months will tell the story, I love the game and the people I play with, but it is not in its best shape by far.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
said by Snuffbox:

I didn't buy Limited Edition, and I didn't sign up for the annual pass like so many (Ghastlyone).

LOL, what the fuck? I didn't sign up for an annual pass.

Blizzard didn't rope me in on that scheme.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Ghastlyone:

LOL, what the fuck? I didn't sign up for an annual pass.

Blizzard didn't rope me in on that scheme.

Haha, don't take that away from me.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
It did to me, I though D3 was going to be better than the beta.

/sigh

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
is it that time of month again?

also, dying*

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by Immer:

The ship isn't sinking... but if you are getting sea-sick... get off of the damn boat yourself.

The following months will tell the story, I love the game and the people I play with, but it is not in its best shape by far.

Thank you Jobbie for keeping it real. I almost came back just to play with you good folks.

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie to tuladrin

to tuladrin
In a sea of negatives concerning CRZ, I have to admit I was loving it last night. I've never enjoyed getting the LW and skinning profs up and have never done so very far. Last night due to CRZ that changed. No, I still didn't love it, but damn how easy it became.

Flying around the Blasted lands for rugged leather I never killed but a handful of animals and still had 200+ rugged leather and 100+ thick leather in under an hour. Sure I had to suffer a death or two from some a-hole pwnstar (my toon is level 60 some) but there were so many people there killing the beasts that I couldn't collect them all fast enough before they despawned. Bird form, fly, drop, skin, repeat.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to I AM

Premium Member

to I AM
said by I AM:

said by Jobbie:

said by Immer:

Thank you Jobbie for keeping it real. I almost came back just to play with you good folks.

We are still playing and doing stuff together, helping guildies and receiving people from DSLR and friends, it is always good to see you in game.

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
Nashville, TN

1 recommendation

Ghastlyone to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

also, dying*

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dieing
quote:
A common misspelling of dying that only dumbasses use.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

PTU

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
Aaaaaaaand now I'm bored.

Thanks for the fun while it lasted.

BG5150
join:2008-08-14
New York, NY

BG5150 to mettachain

to mettachain
said by mettachain:

It's dying

Or is it dyeing?

I AM
Premium Member
Ephrata, PA

I AM to Snuffbox

Premium Member

to Snuffbox
Yah man. Help me pass a few hours after lunch. But yeah. Game is...DYING.

BG5150
join:2008-08-14
New York, NY

BG5150 to I AM

to I AM
said by I AM:

Servers are becoming empty and everyone is moving servers.

If people are moving servers, it doesn't mean the game is dying (or dieing or dyeing), it's just that the population is just consolidating.

kingdome74
Let's Go Orange
Premium Member
join:2002-03-27
Syracuse, NY

kingdome74 to tuladrin

Premium Member

to tuladrin
I think overall the game is definitely dying BUT it doesn't affect my play because I only play solo for the most part. I do like to have a couple of drinks and take a mage into the randoms now and then and watch the nerd ragers.