Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
join:2010-08-24
Mexico
kudos:5
reply to tuladrin

Re: Is wow dieing?

Last night was really sad having tanks and healers ready and calling the night because 2 dps missing. Like you said it is really hard to focus on more than two toons at a time.

Just an example on what is happening I get my 21 sigils of power(lol) and 10 sigils of wisdom to the Black Prince turn in the quest and I don't get the next one when I checked my quest log I saw that I have't completed the "get honored with me" quest so I can get the next step, I just couldn't find the time to do more dailies on the shaman while leveling/raiding with other toons.

Getting back on topic, I feel that WoW is going to take a huge huge hit when all the Annual Passes start expiring between March and July they are probably going to offer a new with the Starcraft 2 expansion so that could help with the decay, but still they need to do something.
--
Judge a man by the trials of his shield, not the empty reaping of his sword.

Carpie

join:2012-10-19
united state
said by Jobbie:

Last night was really sad having tanks and healers ready and calling the night because 2 dps missing. Like you said it is really hard to focus on more than two toons at a time.

If it is any indication, someone on Eredar last night was offering 1000g to anyone who would heal a Mog Vaults pug.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Carpie:

If it is any indication, someone on Eredar last night was offering 1000g to anyone who would heal a Mog Vaults pug.

that's more of an indication of current raiding tier and the slow adjustment of the gaming community to the renewed emphasis of raiding to get raiding gear. Lots of casuals who are used to gearing up quickly outside of a raid to trivialize some of its mechanics are now spending months farming dailies or waiting for the next tier. Killing off alt progression, kills off alt raids and reduces the number of PUG raiders available.

WoW is fine. The age of the EverQuest and Warcraft I,II,III customer base might be drawing to a close, but they keep getting new players. The game could survive just fine with only half of its servers.

If you (generic term "you") are looking for a reason to quit WoW... stop looking for a mob to hide in, just make the decision for yourself. The ship isn't sinking... but if you are getting sea-sick... get off of the damn boat yourself.
--
Intelligence is no substitute for Character.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by Immer:

The ship isn't sinking... but if you are getting sea-sick... get off of the damn boat yourself.

The following months will tell the story, I love the game and the people I play with, but it is not in its best shape by far.
--

I AM
Premium
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA
kudos:4
said by Jobbie:

said by Immer:

The ship isn't sinking... but if you are getting sea-sick... get off of the damn boat yourself.

The following months will tell the story, I love the game and the people I play with, but it is not in its best shape by far.

Thank you Jobbie for keeping it real. I almost came back just to play with you good folks.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by I AM:

said by Jobbie:

said by Immer:

Thank you Jobbie for keeping it real. I almost came back just to play with you good folks.

We are still playing and doing stuff together, helping guildies and receiving people from DSLR and friends, it is always good to see you in game.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX
kudos:3
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Just an example on what is happening I get my 21 sigils of power(lol) and 10 sigils of wisdom to the Black Prince turn in the quest and I don't get the next one when I checked my quest log I saw that I have't completed the "get honored with me" quest so I can get the next step, I just couldn't find the time to do more dailies on the shaman while leveling/raiding with other toons.

For the Black Prince Rep just go kill horde in the shield wall area.

Lots of them, and don't still till your revered (you'll save yourself some time from going back to get revered later.)

To get some added benefit from all those mob kills pick up the dailies(or don't it doesn't matter)
--
»Death Star Petition

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
I actually went with Energy to help him finish Dread Wastes on his mage who was about to hit 90 I think I am missing 200 rep for honored which ill get tonight with the Klaxxi dailies. Then tomorrow kill the sha on ToES end get 6k honor.
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Jobbie:

I actually went with Energy to help him finish Dread Wastes on his mage who was about to hit 90 I think I am missing 200 rep for honored which ill get tonight with the Klaxxi dailies. Then tomorrow kill the sha on ToES end get 6k honor.

The dread wastes will get you to honored but later in the chain you'll need revered.

as the quest turn in to the BP also give rep there's an advantage to getting revered before even turning in the honored quest.

and down the road we'll have to get exalted I'm sure of it.

That I did was while waiting on a solo LFR que I'd plant my 15% guild banner and kill tons of horde NPC's

then near the end my Doom and litch partied up and killed alot more (still wish we'd killed that horde general, seems someone got it as a server first recently)
--
»Death Star Petition

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
But I don't want to kill horde....
--

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
You play World of WARcraft man!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
But I made so many alliance and horde friends when we killed that Arthas guy!

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

But the black prince told you to.
--
»Death Star Petition

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by DarkLogix:

said by Jobbie:

The back prince is evul.. evul...
--

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium
Baytown, TX
said by Jobbie:

said by DarkLogix:

said by Jobbie:

The back prince is evul.. evul...

Just kill ally and horde evenly.
--
»Death Star Petition

Skittles
Premium
join:2011-03-31
reply to Jobbie
Anyone think that the Black Prince is the one influencing Garrosh?

Maybe he is causing Garrosh to be tool so the Horde will push the alliance into a War and then he will have the winners he is looking for.

just a thought, I know Im probably wrong.

I AM
Premium
Ephrata, PA
The Black Prince is actually just the artist formely known as Prince. His goal is more dailies!!!!!!

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04

1 edit
reply to Skittles
The black prince has information about an incoming invasion of Azeroth by Saregas and the burning legion. That is the real threat and he is trying to find worthy heros that can stand against the might of Saregas! Also the Titans will recieve word of this massive invasion and will show up to either help or destroy.

Watermasta

join:2012-06-15
Quantico, VA
said by Vinceruos_t:

the burning legion.

YOU FACE JARAXXAS! ILLIDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION! I PROMISE I WONT BREAK THEM THIS TIME!

Skittles
Premium
reply to Vinceruos_t
if this is so, then how did he come by that information I wonder. How is an unworldly, relatively young dragon have information about sargeras that none of the more ancient dragons have? That Nozdormu never (to my knowledge) fortold.

Could he be getting his info from someone else...like,.....um I dont know.........SATAN (Dana Carvey/church lady voice)?

which is to say, is he getting this from the Old Gods?

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Vinceruos_t
i havent been keeping up with the lore but in the book War of the Ancients, Broxigar the orc jumped in the well of eternity to help save Azeroth the first time...maybe they can build an expansion off of that.

Adalacia, if you're reading this we need your expertise plox.
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
reply to Skittles
Valen has been muttering about this for a long time. Why is it improbable that The Black Prince would take the whispers seriously and unlike every other leader actually take action. The premise of the Burning Legion returning isn't far fetched, nor unexpected.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
reply to Josof
Brox as a new raid boss?

Vinceruos_t

join:2012-05-04
reply to Watermasta
Watermasta come back to wow. You know you miss it. Also I actually talked to toast on mumble like 2 days ago and thought of you. Lol

Skittles
Premium
reply to Adalicia
said by Adalicia:

Valen has been muttering about this for a long time. Why is it improbable that The Black Prince would take the whispers seriously and unlike every other leader actually take action. The premise of the Burning Legion returning isn't far fetched, nor unexpected.

Oh, I have no doubt that this will occur at some point, in or out of the game. My point was that how would Wrathion come by this knowledge? How in the short time from his "birth" in Cata to MoP (perhaps a year) has he received this info and developed a network of spies/operatives? It smacks of Twilight Cult. So my question is, Since Wrathion has this knowledge and is organizing an effort to deal with this impending invasion as he sees fit, who is facilitaing all of this? If it is the Old Gods does that make Wrathion by default evil?
His duplicity thus far seems to indicate he is leaning toward evil, or at least that is my impression thus far.

Josof

join:2010-10-23
Virginia Beach, VA
reply to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

Brox as a new raid boss?

Brox is my favorite character from wow lore
--
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." - Sun Tzu

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium
Mexico
said by Josof:

said by Jobbie:

Brox as a new raid boss?

Brox is my favorite character from wow lore

Same here man, same here.
--

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom

join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE
kudos:13
reply to Skittles
I don't think he is some paragon by any stretch of the imagination but I doubt you're looking at old god type scheming. I think it is ironically altruistic action on behalf of the planet but he has his own interests. What good is being a prince, nay king, if you have only cinders to rule.
--
Lore Nerd. Role Player. Raid Leader. Healing Priest. Slightly Annoying. Also Likes Kittens.

Skittles
Premium
said by Adalicia:

I don't think he is some paragon by any stretch of the imagination but I doubt you're looking at old god type scheming.

If that is true, then again, how would he come by such knowledge? I dont think he is consulting Valen, or anyone else for that matter. He seems to be very well organized and informed.

I have been looking up sources about Wrathion and the thing that sticks out is "...is the only black dragon to date uncorrupted by the taint of the Old Gods." (quoted from Wowpedia).

This leads to this quote from same source in the discussion of how he came to be "She and Dr. Hieronymus Blam eventually succeeded in creating a purified black dragon egg with an ancient titan device".

Could the Titans be feeding Wrathion information? Did the device that helped to create him also give him a link of sorts to the Titans?

I dont know the answer to these questions, I only pose them because his storyline interests me.