spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ErikRP
join:2004-11-06
Winnipeg, MB

ErikRP

SiriusXM Canada Rates (Renewal)

I'm coming up on the end of my 12-month free trial. The email I received is offering a one year subscription for $175.89. Does SiriusXM Canada allow much negotiation or am I stuck with that rate?

I'm seriously (pardon the pun) tempted to try and get the U.S. version, since it'd be nice to get the traffic information for the few times we go through the States. Getting traffic isn't a deal-breaker, but if it's the combined service is the same or lower price than the Canadian service I'd probably go that way.

Has anyone been able to get better rates from the Canadian company?

pjhofmann
join:2000-08-22
Argyle, TX

pjhofmann

I'm not from Canada but I can't believe it'd be that much different than here in the States. Every year before my renewal I call up and tell them I'd like to cancel, then they send me to the retention dept where I tell them its too expensive. At that point they offer me half off for a year and the service keeps on rolling. Just be ready to either go through with the cancellation or cave in based on if they make the offer or not. Good luck.
greenbelt
join:2007-01-13
Keswick, ON

greenbelt to ErikRP

to ErikRP
I`m from Canada.
After my three month trial expired, I renewed for one year at about
$103 tax included.
jmooretech
join:2012-09-11
Waterloo, ON

jmooretech to ErikRP

to ErikRP
Your best idea is cancel and they will send you an email and give you sirius or xm for 25 bucks for 6 month and no activation fees it works

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

Yeah or call and threaten to cancel, they either give free month or so then you call again and say too expensive and then they give in and give it you you without having to cancel outright.

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4 to ErikRP

Premium Member

to ErikRP
3 months for $20. You need to call back every 3 months.
J E F F4

J E F F4 to ErikRP

Premium Member

to ErikRP
Still on their retention plan, they gave me 6 months for $37 plus tax, so $42 all in, told me to call back every six months for same deal.
ErikRP
join:2004-11-06
Winnipeg, MB

ErikRP

Wow -that's quite good. To confirm, this is for the full package (exclusive of any internet radio add-on)?

J E F F4
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium Member
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON

J E F F4

Premium Member

It would be the XM Select plan, the $15.99/month. So no Sirius stuff (like Howard Stern) and no Internet Radio, though you might be able to negotiate that as well...
Expand your moderator at work

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to ErikRP

Premium Member

to ErikRP

Re: SiriusXM Canada Rates (Renewal)

Honestly I wouldn't pay a dime for it... It sounds like utter crap...

I don't have it in my car, but my dad bought a new Dodge Caravan and it came with a 1 year free sub...

My god, it sounds like shit... Warbly, mushy sounds especially the highs in music... FM Radio sounds so much better. I tried various stations over a few hours driving to and from our cottage.

Sure the sound system is not premium like in some cars, but it sounds very good with FM and even better with CD or if you copy high bitrate MP3's to the 30gb hard drive in it...

Sirius just sounds like crap. Even my dad who's not a big music listener said it sounds crappy.