Search similar:

uniqs
nadsid
join:2012-12-18
La Prairie, QC

2 edits

nadsid

DSL down LINE has too much noice.

Hi , I am an existing customer of techsavvy with my DSL has intermittment connection problem. This start happening from last month. In hte month of december DSL stop working i complaint, Bell guy came he said he has to change the pair outside,he changed internet worked the very next day same problem, then i call techsavvy again, bell guy has to come on sunday , i didn't know that he came but internet start working this was too weeks ago. Now since yesterday same issues no DSL light . Last night call Tech support, he said downstream is 0 there is still noice in the line, open a ticket again. Now waiting for a call for an appointment. Mention here that i am connected directly at the demark point have three backup modems and changed the telephone wires atleast 5 times. Now where is the problem please explain me, and what is the Bell guy doing when he comes why they can't fix properly. Please advise me on your earliest that when the appointment is scheduled and I request you to please fix this problem once for all. We cannot live without internet we have magicjack at home once no internet I am disconnected with my family , i strongly urged that take this problem seriously.
Thanks
Nadeem

JonF
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

JonF

Premium Member

Hi there.

I see that the tech has come back to us, and said that the line can only handle a maximum of 3m down. Upon looking at the line stats, I see that the line is stable at the moment. If you could please let us know if it goes down again, we can run a line test and see if the issue is the line itself.

Thanks!

Edit: Line test results

Last State Change: 01/11 11:38:50 (Uptime: NA)
Line Profile: al2_d2496-2496-256_u640-640-256
DLM State: DISABLED | Equip. Type: DSLAM
Sync Rate: d2496.0/u640.0 kbps
RCO: d66.0/u81.0%
Noise Margin: d13.0/u9.0 dB
Power: d18.0/u12.0 dB
Attenuation: d52.0/u32.0 dB (Approx. Distance: 3.77~4.67km)
Block Count: d27312202.0/u56793677.0
nadsid
La Prairie, QC

nadsid

I hope it stays like this, what do you mean "line can only handle max of 3m down" what is 3m?. I will let you know again if it goes down. But last night when the tech support check he told me there is no DSL, so which means the problem is there its intermittent. And i just talk to my wife she said the speed is 1.5MB internet is very slow kids are watching Barney on netflix and going on streaming. So sir which means the problem is still there. You said my line looks good when line si good i get alteast 3.5MB but now its 1.5MB how will you explain this.

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF to nadsid

Premium Member

to nadsid
Hello. I will elaborate on my previous post.

In my previous post, I stated that the line was STABLE when I tested it. I did not say that the line was good.

When saying that the line can only handle 3m down, This means that the tech came out, and put the speed profiled at 3megabits down to make the line more stable for you. This should help the line stay in sync.

If you have any further questions please let me know.
nadsid
La Prairie, QC

nadsid

Ok i got your point, the Tech set my profile to 3MB, soo in my last post as i mention that the max speed we are getting is 1.5MB its not 3MB. Why its that? and when can i get 3MB?

JonF
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

JonF to nadsid

Premium Member

to nadsid
At this moment, I see that the modem is syncing at about 2.5m, after all is said and done, if you do a speed test, you should be receiving 1.5-2.0 speeds.
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

morisato

Hey Jon just a heads up..
al2_d2496-2496-256_u640-640-256

This Indicates an interleave profile On Adsl.
al2
This Shows a Profile of anywhere from 256 - 2.5 meg on the down
d2496-2496-256
This Shows Upload of 256k-640k on the up
u640-640-256

So hes not been set to 3m, hes been set to 2.5. and with a SNR of 13/9 he could handle 3 His attenuation suggests a 3.5 km distance to his Slam, which to me suggests line issues or a dirty pair because i sync at the full 6 all the time at that distance on a good line..
On a Side note i greatly Dislike other techs who do not fix this crap just cause they dislike 3rd partys.. sigh.
nadsid
La Prairie, QC

nadsid

Hello, Finallly finally my internet is good. They change the line, after two years this is the first time i more than 4, we arehappy now my kids can watch barney and I can watch netflix and my wife can browse at the sametime. Thanks
Nadeem