Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network

Commercial Skipping

We had DISH installed just a few weeks ago. Two Hoppers and six Joeys. Seems to be working fine so far. I'm still undecided as to whether I like DISH, but it's not too bad and I'm in for the two year commitment.

I know the commercial skip thing is what's gotten up CBS' bum, but I have to say it's a great feature that's not really been implemented that well. Sure, there's some convenience there, but my ReplayTVs did it better and for all shows. With DISH, it's only for the PTAT shows and the commercials actually run for several seconds before the skip kicks in.

CBS are morons.
--
How nice. This country is being run by a broken record repeating the same two words over and over. Cretin.

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
I hope you don't have any problems with Dish, their customer service is poor. Different people have different experiences. My aunt lives in rural Washington state and she has Dish and she says she never had any problems. I've heard complaints about DirecTV and I had good experiences myself but it was cheaper just to get TV through Comcast since I have my Internet and phone through them anyways. Comcast is the only viable Internet in town (other than VZ DSL) so it is cheaper to bundle TV with them. Plus, you get more locals on Comcast here as they carry the Boston and Hartford stations where satellite only carries the Springfield (MA) stations only.

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
With all the discounts and such, DISH is relatively cheaper over the two year period for me compared to Comcast (not including the price increase this year). Even including the bundle discount. We have to feed 8 TVs, so Comcast equipment charges add up to quite a bit.

DISH On-Demand blows goats, but we get more TVs covered and with the higher storage on the DVRs, we don't miss OD too much. Also, being able to stream DLNA content from my HTPC media server to any of the TVs in the house is a big plus.

I haven't had to call for help, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there.
--
How nice. This country is being run by a broken record repeating the same two words over and over. Cretin.