Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

imbilly

join:2011-03-12
Cambridge, MA

[Northeast] FIOS Slow upload speed

Hello,

I have a newly installed FIOS 15/5 plan. I am getting good download speed at 20Mbps but the upload speed is consistently below 2Mbps. Is it considered as abnormal for FIOS? I have seen many people getting upload >10Mbps on this board. So maybe I got a bad unit?

The speedtest was done on my intel i5 laptop and desktop connected directly to the router. I have used speedtest.net and the Java based test on verizon.com, both show the same result (20Mbps down and 2Mbps up). I have tried rebooting the ONT and router, but it didn't help.

Should I call FSC for help? From my research on this board, it seems that people get this fixed by replacing a bad unit in the central unit (outside the house). But that involved in calling customer support and getting a tech visit etc. What's the best department to call to fix this?

Thanks,

Bill

guppy_fish
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Lakeland, FL
kudos:3
The 15/5 has no upload fluff, so no one is getting 10mbs, typically is around 4.9mbs best case

Run the Verizon optimizer and make sure your and anti-virus software disabled, as some can slow down the upload