spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

yym7890

join:2007-10-01
Montreal, QC

some1 can give me the information about ACANAC in Montreal?

I saw there has rule of "Peak Hour Rate Limit - 7PM to 12AM" on ACANAC website for QC.

The customer of ACANAC in Montreal could tell me about really speed and "Peak Hour Rate Limit" ?

Does Acanac block P2P download?

Rightnow, I just want to choose one of 30M plan of Acanac or distributel.

Thanks.

realmelancon

@sita.aero

I switched from ACANAC to Distributel (modem-cable) not because they were bad, but because the ADSL just sucked. They advertise 5-6 Mbps. , but never could get more than 1.2Mbps in my area. (I live in Laval - Montreal suburb).

Guspaz
Guspaz
Premium,MVM
join:2001-11-05
Montreal, QC
kudos:22

said by realmelancon :

I switched from ACANAC to Distributel (modem-cable) not because they were bad, but because the ADSL just sucked. They advertise 5-6 Mbps. , but never could get more than 1.2Mbps in my area. (I live in Laval - Montreal suburb).

FYI, Acanac and Distributel are the same company, although Acanac may be run semi-independently.
--
Developer: Tomato/MLPPP, Linux/MLPPP, etc »fixppp.org

avp77

join:2010-07-10
reply to yym7890

said by yym7890:

As mentioned, Acanac is actually owned by Distributel, but still run independently. They use the same network though, but I think the billing and support for Acanac is geared toward a slightly different demographic, people who want to pinch pennies and maybe would put up with a lot of crap to get it. Some people have had very bad customer support experiences with Acanac (you can read reviews).

Neither throttles P2P to my knowledge, while Acanac does say they might slow down your connection in prime time to deal with load across their whole system. Distributel only sells unlimited packages, and they are truly unlimited, full speed.

I went with Distributel for my cable internet and I have zero complaints, but I'm not the kind that needs to constantly contact customer support - in half a year or more, I only called in once, to clarify what my email password was. I personally wouldn't go with Acanac, because I don't feel comfortable in pre-paying for a year, and their poor customer support reputation.

julienvf

join:2008-12-30
Verdun, QC
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to yym7890

said by yym7890:

I saw there has rule of "Peak Hour Rate Limit - 7PM to 12AM" on ACANAC website for QC.

The customer of ACANAC in Montreal could tell me about really speed and "Peak Hour Rate Limit" ?

Does Acanac block P2P download?

Thanks.

Same thing since they can't throttle you down to 15mbps unless there's network congestion. I've had the Acanac 30mbps cable for about 4 months and the worst I've seen was 23mbps a Sunday afternoon in November when it was rainy outside. Since then, solid strong 31.3mbps even at peak hours.

adisor19

join:2004-10-11
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to yym7890

I've been with ACANAC cable for about a month+ now. I'm in St-Constant and since Bhell haven't bothered to upgrade their network, i could only get 5Mbps ADSL. So i went with 30/3 unlimited cable with ACANAC 1 year contract. Got a free VoIP line for a year as well and I transferred my land line number over to it.

Rock solid so far both the speed, the connection and the VoIP service.

You can check ou my updated review. I also ordered my 75$ IPTV receiver from zazeen in order to finally ditch Hell once and for all out of my house.

Adi

yym7890

Montreal, QC

"a free VoIP" -- Did you pay for any device ( such as phone adapter ) for voip ?

adisor19

join:2004-10-11
Reviews:
·Acanac

said by yym7890:

"a free VoIP" -- Did you pay for any device ( such as phone adapter ) for voip ?

I bought an Obi 110 device from amazon. Very happy with my purchase as it's been stable and hasn't needed any reboots.

Adi

yym7890

Montreal, QC

Does Acanac give you information of setting this Obi 110 ? If it is very easy, i will buy one.