MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One to silbaco

MVM

to silbaco

Re: Considering..

said by silbaco:

Could be worse. Could be 3 strikes and you are out like Mediacom. For life.

Well, since after the 6th strike, they do absolutely nothing, cutting it to 3 strikes would actually be better for the repeat offender accused.
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

1 recommendation

silbaco

Premium Member

In that sense, yes. Although Mediacom cuts you off entirely and blacklists your social security number so you can never subscribe again.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd

Premium Member

Until tier 2 removes the blacklist to score a sale.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to Camelot One

to Camelot One
said by Camelot One:

said by silbaco:

Well, since after the 6th strike, they do absolutely nothing, cutting it to 3 strikes would actually be better for the repeat offender accused.

yes because totally innocent people will be falsely accused 6 consecutive times.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

said by 88615298:

said by Camelot One:

said by silbaco:

yes because totally innocent people will be falsely accused 6 consecutive times.

I'm sure that was meant sarcastically, but I absolutely believe it will happen. Setting aside the technical complications in proving who downloaded a given file, the MPAA has proven time and again that they will claim rights they do not have.
»arstechnica.com/tech-pol ··· onsgate/

Even after being singled out by the US Copyright Office for being a shining example of fair use, the guy is STILL fighting to keep his videos up. Do you honestly believe the automated file-a-strike system they plan to use isn't going to repeatedly flag content they don't have the rights?
silbaco
Premium Member
join:2009-08-03
USA

silbaco to Kearnstd

Premium Member

to Kearnstd
said by Kearnstd:

Until tier 2 removes the blacklist to score a sale.

I do know of a circumstance where that happened. Mediacom found out in a matter of a week. The company policy is extremely aggressive, but it has proven fairly effective. Most of the people I know who pirated on Mediacom changed their habits after 1 strike. They either stopped pirating or started using a VPN.
NOVA_UAV_Guy
Premium Member
join:2012-12-14
Purcellville, VA

NOVA_UAV_Guy

Premium Member

said by silbaco:

Most of the people I know who pirated on Mediacom changed their habits after 1 strike. They either stopped pirating or started using a VPN.

So they either stopped or got smart? LOL