join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·FreePhoneLine
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to cmotors

Re: A summary of How Teksavvy has failed it's customers...

said by cmotors:

I'm not missing the point, contrary to what you seem to believe. I just disagree with you lot who are putting down teksavvy, regardless of title, creed, social stature, expert knowledge of everything, note from mommy, etc... So you've got a bunch of people that agree with you. I'm sure there is a bunch of people that agree with me too. Big whoop, like that really changes things at the end of the day. 1 million people wrong doesn't make them right, but I guess it's more about feeling superior in numbers than actual logic. I disagree with blaming teksavvy, and that's the only point I'm going to be concerned with. You can spin things however you like, I'm still going to disagree with you. So for you, I'm just going to say that we'll agree to disagree and leave it at that.

... = waste of perfectly good pixels!

Show me a copyright expert or an expert in law (lawyer) who agrees with your side that isn't a DSLR user. Your ideals are yours. A perfect world. We don't live in a perfect world and it's not about asking TSI to stand up for pirates, it's about protecting people such as the 42 who were mistakenly notified. Those 42 were truly innocent but what if it wasn't caught?

Is that the cost of doing business? give me a break. For that very reason that it's not a foolproof way of figure out who, it's a very scary territory to be walking on when you say it's ok what TSI is doing.

It's not ok for ANY isp to do it. Rogers etc will simply because they've proven not to give two shits about their customers and throwing them under the bus to avoid extra legal costs is easier.

Taking the easier route and toss a few sheep in voltages path is not a solution. It's a bandaid and Voltage will be going after far more after this. Let's just hope it's not you next that is mistakenly identified as an infringing IP.

Whoops

Who7

join:2012-12-18
The article in the National Post is making TSI look terrible. They basically saying that TSI is rolling over.

And it's going to get worse if the trolls win.

There you go Marc, you thought that rolling over our privacy was cheaper then fighting. Reap what you sowed.

cmotors

join:2011-01-28
reply to Tx
said by Tx:

Show me a copyright expert or an expert in law (lawyer) who agrees with your side that isn't a DSLR user. Your ideals are yours. A perfect world. We don't live in a perfect world and it's not about asking TSI to stand up for pirates, it's about protecting people such as the 42 who were mistakenly notified. Those 42 were truly innocent but what if it wasn't caught?

I have not brought piracy into my argument, so I have no illusions about that. The issue is clearly bigger than that. I don't feel compelled to find a copyright expert to agree or disagree with me in order to substantiate a point in an internet forum. If there is an "expert" who feels we should all trash teksavvy, then I guess an important event has occurred for some of you. If you feel that you're right, great! I personally don't think teksavvy is the bad guy here. As for the law issues, yes, very important. Hopefully the courts will address the real issue at hand (for ALL of our sakes), not the internet forum one where you guys are trashing teksavvy. Obviously they won't, since teksavvy is not on trial, just in the court of internet forum opinion..

I have no illusions about the people on the ip list. It sucks, and I truly hope the courts come through for them, and everyone that isn't on the list either. If I was on the list, it wouldn't change my opinion. I would be pretty po'd for sure. But at voltage... Upon hearing that Teksavvy would not be fighting, i would be disappointed as well. However, Teksavvy is not my Mommy, nor do I expect them to be.

said by Tx:

Is that the cost of doing business? give me a break. For that very reason that it's not a foolproof way of figure out who, it's a very scary territory to be walking on when you say it's ok what TSI is doing.

Clearly there are issues with ip tracking and spoofing. I'm quite familiar with the landscape. This has to be recognized by the courts (fingers crossed). Not going to blame teksavvy for what voltage is doing.

said by Tx:

It's not ok for ANY isp to do it. Rogers etc will simply because they've proven not to give two shits about their customers and throwing them under the bus to avoid extra legal costs is easier.

I agree about Rogers, for sure. For Teksavvy, I don't think it is the same. The result may be similar, but the paths and choices taken are different. Not saying that any body shouldn't be disappointed, I just don't think Teksavvy should be the ones on trial here. My opinion.

said by Tx:

Taking the easier route and toss a few sheep in voltages path is not a solution. It's a bandaid and Voltage will be going after far more after this. Let's just hope it's not you next that is mistakenly identified as an infringing IP.

Agreed, except for the characterization of the matter as being simply throwing sheep.