Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to TheThing

Premium Member

to TheThing

Re: Is wow dieing?

said by TheThing:

it's because they go into those games having already been programmed with WoW... and don't let their minds adjust

TheThing, what it comes down to is retaining interest correct?

I can only speak for myself and my IRL friends, but MMO's aren't even our preferred game style most of the time. FPS style games like Halo, COD, Tribes are often our go to, but they don't retain interest long, things get stale, things are frequently not well balanced, social aspects aren't as strong.

WoW does retain interest and grasps the HUGE social importance.

Other games need to get on their level before they're in any jeopardy - GW2 isn't even close.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM

Premium Member

And I will continue to use Facebook until something else better comes along as well.

TheThing
join:2012-08-10

TheThing to Snuffbox

to Snuffbox
yeah socially WoW is the juggernaught... and I still can't wrap my mind around why.... maybe Raids FORCING it? or RBGs forcing it? or Arena forcing it?

at this point having adjusted to GW2, the only thing I miss about WoW is the social aspect... that's why I'm on WoW forums...

you people need to come to GW2 forums!

maybe what it comes down to with MMOs, is that there can only be ONE... which is a sad thought

everquest mmo junkies shifted to WoW, settled there and basically never left... something will come to replace WoW, the community will jump there enmass and that will be the new ONE and everything else will bescrewed

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by TheThing:

everquest mmo junkies shifted to WoW, settled there and basically never left... something will come to replace WoW, the community will jump there enmass and that will be the new ONE and everything else will bescrewed

I completely agree with this.

Something will come and replace WoW - it just doesn't exist yet which is why I don't believe WoW is dying.