share rss forum feed

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

join:2010-12-16
kudos:1
reply to calgryboy

Re: Shaw SLOW speed internet

Hi Calgryboy,

What troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Have you covered the basics at »community.shaw.ca/docs/DOC-1012

-Shaw_Alex

Tech121212

join:2013-01-10
Maple Ridge, BC

Hi Alex. I've recieved slow speeds and slow speeds with ethernet and also wireless. I've tried moving the router to different places, changing the channel, rebooting the router, disabling Wifi so I can use ethernet only, I've disabled the Wifi and Ethernet adapters countless times to resolve anything to do with the internet, I've rebooted after I have reset my modem/router. I've done just about anything a tech can do. I've switched the coax cables around from wall/router, router/wall...tomorrow I've got a Tech coming today to fix this problem for me I don't know if he'll be able to do anything, is there anything you suggest I do? The internet is terrible reaching to any other room, on days that it is slow it is around 2-3 Mb/s.

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

Let me know what the tech finds and we can go from there

slowwestleth

@96.51.40.x

For about 2 weeks now i have had the worse internet in Lethbridge. We are talking a good minute for google to open many times. I won't even get into trying to watch youtube. I have the 100 megabit plan and even the shaw speed test shows a ! for ping.

I have spoken to many people on the west side of Lethbridge who are experiencing the same issues.

Every time i book a tech its the same thing " Yes the west side of Lethbridge is saturated and we are doing an upgrade in the next few months"

Come summer when the students exodus my internet is back to the levels expected with my service plan.

However the past few weeks has gone from 10-15 megabit on a 100 megabit plan to under 1 megabit. Interesting enough my upload stays at 5 megabit

Tech121212

Maple Ridge, BC
reply to Shaw_Alex

Tech came and installed modem, and tested speeds. Found that people had some channel bonding going on. Said there was no way going about fixing it because thats essentially how Wifi operates. Does this seem correct to you?

Wireless is fine, ethernet is not. Ethernet is 2.45 upstream and 5.67 m/bps? He said roll back my driver? I did that and nothing new happened. Your take?

Shaw_Alex
Official Shaw Rep

I'm stumped. You could contact a TSR on Chat at www.shaw.ca/chat or maybe someone else on here will have a solution.

Tech121212

Maple Ridge, BC

Do you think you could match my extreme internet (is it 15 or 20 mbps?), basic phone, basic TV with Telus' package for 93 dollars? Thanks

xtachx

join:2005-11-19
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms

said by Tech121212:

Do you think you could match my extreme internet (is it 15 or 20 mbps?), basic phone, basic TV with Telus' package for 93 dollars? Thanks

Absolutely. My shaw deal: $23 for extreme (25mbps and 400GB) internet, $36 for FULL cable and $9 for basic phone as long as I remain a student. (4-5 more years).

Cost:$72 with tax.
--
Bell Canada: It is “Preposterous" that consumers should get content they want on their cellphones.

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·Shaw

1 edit

Shaw Access is $49.95 for basic TV, phone and very basic internet, but the internet plan can be upgraded from there.

This is very off topic though.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Tech121212

Maple Ridge, BC
reply to xtachx

I'm not a student though. Does this matter?

kevinds
Premium
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB
kudos:3

If you're not a student, you will have a hard time getting a student deal.

matt1101

join:2012-02-29
Lethbridge, AB
reply to slowwestleth

Would you mind registering on community.shaw.ca and replying to the thread "slow speeds strike again"

I'm having that exact same issue!!!!

However they claim to me no saturation.

We need to get more word out there to have the upgrade complete. I'd be open to exchanging emails with you also so we can give them results concurrently.

I'm on the west side of lethbridge also.