uniqs
share rss forum feed

bemis

join:2008-07-18
Reading, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast

[Northeast] re-activating an old install

I had FIOS as of Feb 2012, but went to Comcast for their $30/mo special. I'm still in the special which is up to $45, but getting sick of having downtime of a couple of hours per week w/ no resolution.

I went through the web to reactivate my VZ FIOS service (internet only) and at the end of it the web page said that after an "in-depth" check of my location, a tech would be needed.

At the advice/approval of the cancellation person (at the time I cancelled), I had unplugged the 12V battery in my ONT and unplugged it from mains power--that way the battery is not get used and I'm not spending watts for a device not used.

Is it correct to assume that this is why they claim I need a tech visit?

If I plug it all back in this evening, will I be able to go through the process of activating w/o needing a tech visit?

It's not that I care about a tech coming or not, I just don't want to waste a truck roll for them when all I'm going to do is switch my VZ router's WAN cat5 cable from the cable modem back to the ONT.

jjam

@bellatlantic.com
I would plug it in and try it. your ont needs to be activated. It may flow thru with power. you should see green lights if it is.

bemis

join:2008-07-18
Reading, MA
Reviews:
·Comcast
...after thinking about it a bit, I decided to just go ahead and do the tech call, they had a convenient time slot for this weekend, and I'll be able to (hopefully) get them to give me a Rev I Actiontec (I've got an F right now and could use a few extra 1G ports)