uniqs
EdmondsFios
join:2010-09-02
Edmonds, WA

1 edit

EdmondsFios to wasvznowftr

to wasvznowftr

Re: [FiOS] Frontier FiOS customers falling further and further b

If Italian926 gets your sense of humor, this is going to become great reading material. I am also thrilled to hear that my new Tivo with Lifetime Service will no longer function with U verse and I will have to suck it up and go back to Comcast - for all my trliple play services.

wesm
Premium Member
join:1999-07-29
Seattle, WA

wesm

Premium Member

said by EdmondsFios:

If Italian926 gets your sense of humor, this is going to become great reading material. I am also thrilled to hear that my new Tivo with Lifetime Service will no longer function with U verse and I will have to suck it up and go back to Comcast - for all my trliple play services.

Same here. I'm quite familiar with the software U-Verse uses for their TV-over-IP setup. It can be awesome, but AT&T has compressed the video streams so much as to be unwatchable for fast-moving content like sports if there is more than one HD stream going at a residence. I must be the last person on the planet who likes linear video--especially how FiOS does it, whether Frontier or Verizon--its quality and relatively simplicity.

Hawkerbacker
@frontiernet.net

Hawkerbacker

Anon

The main thing driving me crazy is you see all the new functionalities occurring with Verizon Fios such as the xbox 360 integration and ios app with Frontier you can't do any of those. It's frustrating knowing the fiber has such capabilities and it just sits there stagnant.

wesm
Premium Member
join:1999-07-29
Seattle, WA

wesm

Premium Member

said by Hawkerbacker :

The main thing driving me crazy is you see all the new functionalities occurring with Verizon Fios such as the xbox 360 integration and ios app with Frontier you can't do any of those. It's frustrating knowing the fiber has such capabilities and it just sits there stagnant.

If they sent me an ad saying "hey, we've added HBO GO, enabled the Xbox streaming application, and might have even licensed the FiOS live TV app from Verizon, but it'll cost you a three year contract and $15 more per month," I'd sign up for HBO (which I don't currently get due to no HBO GO) and all they ask right now.