All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to warlock56

to warlock56

Re: Providers that can offer non-published phone numbers?

When I think non published I think of police, politicians etc. who do not want their name and or number/ address listed anywhere for any reason. More of the use than a definition for non published I admit.
I can say my name number has not been published with some voip I use but without really asking the provider I can not say it is the non published of old type or just they do not bother publishing them.
Someone here may know more but best bet is to find someone at the voip you are interested in and be real clear what you need. I do mean real clear as I think you want the type can not be found at all costs type.
PX Eliezer704
Premium Member
join:2008-08-09
Hutt River

PX Eliezer704

Premium Member

Good points.

------------------

The majority of VoIP providers do not even have available the possibility of listings either in a printed directory or by directory assistance.

That's why the exceptions that [can] offer this, such as Acrovoice, are so unusual.

But as I said, for most people this is not an issue today, other than for businesses that [want] to have such listings, and for customers who want outbound CNAM which is a separate issue.