All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
brianiscool
join:2000-08-16
Tampa, FL

brianiscool

I remember when there pricing was afforable.

Now they took off their $70 plan and back to $60. In the old days you could get unlimited , data, tex, web for $40. Now they offer $60 and if you look it is 3G not even 4G speeds.

Eddy120876
join:2009-02-16
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

So true and in some places not even 3G more like 2G . I left Metro and never looked back. Also paying a bill on their store machine cost you 3 bucks and is free if you the damn thing is out(which is always out) gotta love them
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to brianiscool

to brianiscool
said by brianiscool:

Now they took off their $70 plan and back to $60. In the old days you could get unlimited , data, tex, web for $40. Now they offer $60 and if you look it is 3G not even 4G speeds.

In the old days the data was probably less than 256 kbps

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru

Premium Member

+1 When I switched from Metro to Sprint I had better data speeds on Metro. Switched to T-mobile and spanked both of them on speed.
talz13
join:2006-03-15
Avon, OH

talz13 to brianiscool

to brianiscool
Did I infer it right, that they were able to cut the price of their unlimited plan by $10 / month by dropping the "MetroStudio" music service that I would never have used to begin with?

I wish cable could do this with ESPN!
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by talz13:

Did I infer it right, that they were able to cut the price of their unlimited plan by $10 / month by dropping the "MetroStudio" music service that I would never have used to begin with?

Cable can.

But they won't.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by elray:

said by talz13:

Cable can.

But they won't.

Because ESPN is owned by Disney. If any cable company did that. Disney will pull ALL it's channels of that system. How long to those customers flee? Or Disney would jack the rates on all their other channels.
elray
join:2000-12-16
Santa Monica, CA

elray

said by 88615298:

said by elray:

said by talz13:

Cable can.

But they won't.

Because ESPN is owned by Disney. If any cable company did that. Disney will pull ALL it's channels of that system. How long to those customers flee? Or Disney would jack the rates on all their other channels.

While I'm not a believer in Cord-Cutting Theory, leading the pack of the minority who discover its benefits are ... Disney Channel Moms.
Kids are fine with Mom-picked content, which is reasonably available on DVD and Netflix. The real threat would be pulling LifeTime.

They can, but they won't - because it is easier to raise rates 5% per annum, knowing that 100 million households aren't going anywhere. Even at $70/month, basic pay-tv is dirt cheap entertainment.

tc1uscg
join:2005-03-09
Gulfport, MS

tc1uscg to talz13

to talz13
said by talz13:

Roger that. Too bad we can't pick NON-Local stations and boot them off our services. I would be dumping ESPN, and all the news networks and ANY channel that has more then 6 hours of "paid programming". I'ld end up with about 20 channels and paying about 10 bucks a month for my service with Dish.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876 to elray

to elray
I agree with your Elray. I did cut the cord must of the stuff I have are on netflix,hulu or amazon prime the only thing i miss is live sport except for MLB,NBA and the NHL that have their own cord cutting apps. Heres looking at your NFL. Also Lifetime (the man hating channel) has recently been changing and catering to military families which i like but still can't stand their lifetime "man hating movies' only my gf watches that channel.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by Eddy120876:

I agree with your Elray. I did cut the cord must of the stuff I have are on netflix,hulu or amazon prime the only thing i miss is live sport except for MLB,NBA and the NHL that have their own cord cutting apps. Heres looking at your NFL.

A) NFL has more games on OTA than any of those other sports.

B) You can get Sunday Ticket streaming like you can the others without DirecTv.

Eddy120876
Bronx, NY

Eddy120876

A- Only if your team lives in the area. Not in my case specially when the Jets play.

B- cant get DirecTV thanks to my management corp. The streaming i have to look into it