robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to Draiman

Re: Doors

said by Draiman:

An outswing entry door is 10 times easier to pick then inswing entry door as well which is why the majority of entry doors are inswing.

Could you elaborate?

Draiman
Let me see those devil horns in the sky

join:2012-06-01
Kill Devil Hills, NC
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by robbin:

said by Draiman:

An outswing entry door is 10 times easier to pick then inswing entry door as well which is why the majority of entry doors are inswing.

Could you elaborate?

The space between the frame and the door is exposed on an outswing door. I've seen people pick outswings in under 60 seconds as a teen. Inswings they skipped and attacked windows instead.

Not to mention other things like an outswing can get blocked so a fire hazard or if you get snow a nightmare to use that door.
--
IF YOU FIND ANY MISTAKES IN MY WORK...Please consider that they are there for a purpose. I try to please everyone and there is always someone looking for mistakes!

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ
said by Draiman:

said by robbin:

said by Draiman:

Could you elaborate?

The space between the frame and the door is exposed on an outswing door. I've seen people pick outswings in under 60 seconds as a teen. Inswings they skipped and attacked windows instead.

Not to mention other things like an outswing can get blocked so a fire hazard or if you get snow a nightmare to use that door.

Is that true picking? Plus you are not saying you could do that with a deadbolt?

robbin
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX
kudos:1
reply to Draiman
Sounds like some old, cheap lock. A properly installed, quality lockset does not allow manipulation of the latch to gain entry. There are also plates which will protect this area from access. As far as a fire hazard, commercial doors are required to swing out as an in-swinging door is considered a fire hazard.

cdru
Go Colts
Premium,MVM
join:2003-05-14
Fort Wayne, IN
kudos:7
reply to Draiman
said by Draiman:

Yup. That's why almost all businesses have doors that open inwards instead of outwards.

For the sarcastically challenged, that's sarcasm.

TheMG
Premium
join:2007-09-04
Canada
kudos:3
Reviews:
·NorthWest Tel
reply to nonymous
said by nonymous:

Is that true picking?

The accepted definition of lock picking is the action of manipulating the tumblers inside the lock, to get it to unlock the same as if the proper key had been inserted.