dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
cynic10
join:2011-02-05

cynic10 to JohnDoe187

to JohnDoe187

Re: A summary of How Teksavvy has failed it's customers...

Well, the CEO haven't said or been heard of since. And I doubt they're willing to do anything at this point. The decision to remain "Neutral" is quite upsetting given the precedence it will set and the known extortions method used by these copyright trolls.

I was going to give TSI another chance but forget it. I've made up my mind. I'm canceling service with TSI and going over to Start.ca

FYI - I'm not even one of the customers affected
JohnDoe187
join:2013-01-04

JohnDoe187

Their cable Internet looks attractive I will be switching too.
Still researching other options, start.ca looks good.
cynic10

cynic10

Seems they're trying to talk me out of cancelling..
cynic10

cynic10 to JohnDoe187

to JohnDoe187
if you find something good or other alternatives just in case please let the rest of us know .

The only way companies understand is if you hit them with your wallet. Talk is cheap. So far Start.ca seems the best that I've found.

TraderOne
@teksavvy.com

TraderOne to cynic10

Anon

to cynic10
hi cynic10,

Please let me know how the service of start.ca is. Do you know what their log retention is. I am considering leaving Teksavvy as well. I am just waiting to see what will happen on Monday. But, I don't have a good feeling about it.
cynic10

cynic10

said by TraderOne :

hi cynic10,

Please let me know how the service of start.ca is. Do you know what their log retention is. I am considering leaving Teksavvy as well. I am just waiting to see what will happen on Monday. But, I don't have a good feeling about it.

Will do. But you'll have to wait around Feb 8 or so before I can give answer since that is when my service start. Since they require 10 business days notice to startup and my new billing period starts around same week I had it delayed until Feb 8.

But there is a site for it and the reviews seems good so far.
»forums.redflagdeals.com/ ··· 1151057/

And you can find some customers' experience w/ them on DSLreport too. »Start.ca

TraderOne
@teksavvy.com

TraderOne

Anon

hi cynic10,

Thank you for your reply and info.

I email Start.ca for their log retention time last night. They emailed me back in less than 2 hours at 2:41 am. I wonder if these guys even sleep. Here is their answer.

Hello *** and thanks for your interest. Our log retention is 90 days. Thanks and have a great weekend.

Peter Rocca
Start Communications
519-434-5888 / 1-877-78-START

Ok. They have the same log retention as Teksavvy. I will ask them for their stance on customer privacy protection after Monday.

If Teksavvy rolls over on Monday, I will switch even though I may not get a better service elsewhere. Customers need to send out message to ISPs that breaching customer privacy will not be tolerated.
Expand your moderator at work

Sadf343
@teksavvy.com

Sadf343 to TraderOne

Anon

to TraderOne

Re: A summary of How Teksavvy has failed it's customers...

I will be switching providers as well, if TSI does not oppose the motion on Monday. I will switch even if I have to pay more elsewhere.
Voltage
join:2013-01-13

Voltage to JohnDoe187

to JohnDoe187
what looks good about start? is there something in their TOS (»www.start.ca/about/terms) that makes you think this wont happen with them?

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by Voltage:

what looks good about start? is there something in their TOS (»www.start.ca/about/terms) that makes you think this wont happen with them?

I'll let you answer this question yourself. Who is Voltage currently after?

Congrats, you now know why. For a lot of people, it's about sending a message. Doesn't matter what ISP it is.

MyrddinEmrys
join:2011-11-29
Scarborough, ON

MyrddinEmrys

Actually, it's not that simple.

-----

You do get quite emotional, don't you.

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Tx

Premium Member

said by MyrddinEmrys:

Actually, it's not that simple.

-----

You do get quite emotional, don't you.

It's not that simple as to the reasons why customers consider leaving teksavvy? Bud, that's the #1 reason anyone who has threatened so far have said.

Has nothing to do about getting emotional. I've simply answered what most on here that have said they are leaving and their reasons for it.

Please enlighten me what's more "complicated" about leaving TSI lol. If they choose to, they choose to. Yikes that was tough and complicated. You going to say their leaving due to privacy reasons? Give me a break, you'll have those same issues everywhere else too.