uniqs
share rss forum feed

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
join:2004-09-15
Hamilton, ON

What the hell? I'm not even sure I understand this scam

Here's an email I just received, delivered directly to my spam folder by Google Apps. I'm not quite sure I even understand the scam. Phishing?

Hello,

I'm looking for someone who can handle my business & personal errands at his/her spare time as I keep traveling a lot. Someone who can offer me these services mentioned below:

* Mail services (Receive my mails and drop them off at UPS or USPS)
* Shop for Gifts
* Bill payment (pay my bills on my behalf, access to the funds would be provided by me)
* Sit for delivery (at your home) or pick items up at nearby post office at your convenience.

Let me know if you will be able to offer me any or all of these services and $500 would be your weekly payment. If you are ready to go,send us your details like complete name/address/country/state/ city/zip/phone or you could even attach your resume.

P.S- You are not required to spend even a single dime from your pocket.

Regards,
Daniel Green

--
"Moving your Tylenol to the low shelf in your medicine cabinet is not the way to prevent children from falling off a stool when reaching for the top shelf." (said by Savant, May 2008)

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
Probably. They may need info in order to pay you, etc.

EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to Styvas
I believe it's something like; you pay the bills (from your own account), and you get stolen cheques as payment for your troubles.
Plus you give up a lot of personal information as well.
--
~ Project Hope ~

Xerom62

join:2004-01-28
reply to Styvas
Hiding his shady business dealings behind third party?

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
Hamilton, ON
reply to Styvas
lol! It's just one I haven't seen before. I found it amusing.

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to Styvas
You'll pay for their bills like was mentioned or ship them stuff you bought from their phony cheques.

Styvas
Go Canucks Go
Premium
Hamilton, ON
Yeah, that sounds likely.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Styvas
I'd have fun leading them on... the more time they waste with you the less time they have to scam someone else.

I do it all the time to the "I am calling from Windows" guys...
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
said by El Quintron:

I'd have fun leading them on... the more time they waste with you the less time they have to scam someone else.

I do as well. Lately I have added them to a restricted list from Nexicom that seems unlimited unlike Bells.

El Quintron
Resident Mouth Breather
Premium
join:2008-04-28
Etobicoke, ON
kudos:4
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·TekSavvy DSL
said by peterboro:

Lately I have added them to a restricted list from Nexicom that seems unlimited unlike Bells.

I have some Panasonic phones that have a block list built into the phone it's pretty sweet. I know when it's working because it does a half ring and then stops.

When they call and try to install their remote desktop thinghee I just describe when I have on Ubuntu and they get really confused... I should start recording this stuff.
--
Support Bacteria -- It's the Only Culture Some People Have

Devanchya
Smile
Premium
join:2003-12-09
Ajax, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Styvas
this may just be a simple money laundering and identity scam.

Grab someones identity, get someone else to "do stuff with it awhile" so that if anyone tracks it down it goes to the person paying the money. Money comes in Western Union is pretty much dead end for tracking.

If the ID isn't investigated or once enough of a back stop is done with the "new location" of the id, sell it for a good profit.
--
»www.codecipher.com - Marking the way to tomorrow's solutions -- Did you know that Perl is not Dead? »perlisalive.org/

graniterock
Premium
join:2003-03-14
London, ON
That would be my best guess too. Might be one those ones with the fraudulent certified cheques. You pay off a bunch of stuff with cash you get from cashing a bogus certified cheque from them. When it fails to clear in 2 weeks you're on the hook.