uniqs
share rss forum feed

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
reply to FFH

Re: [POLL] Do you use Java; disable it; or uninstall it ?

I disabled Java months ago and have not found a site that required I need it since.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

1 recommendation

said by rfhar:

I disabled Java months ago and have not found a site that required I need it since.

Try some of the TOOLS on dslreports.com. They need Java. Like the Tweak test.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

aussiedog

join:2007-01-10
Colorado Springs, CO

said by FFH:

said by rfhar:

If you use Firefox or IE9, merely enable JAVA for an accurate speed test then disable it again. No Script gives the same control in Firefox but I have knocked JAVA out of constant contact with the browsers for now.
--
If I can only find my keys...

TechnoGeek

join:2013-01-07

I left Java on, but with NoScript in Firefox I should be okay. Hopefully Oracle patches this quick.

FFH
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ

said by TechnoGeek:

I left Java on, but with NoScript in Firefox I should be okay. Hopefully Oracle patches this quick.

As another poster said above. It has now been patched.
»Re: [POLL] Do you use Java; disable it; or uninstall it ?
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

NOYB
St. John 3.16
Premium
join:2005-12-15
Forest Grove, OR
kudos:1
reply to FFH

said by FFH:

said by rfhar:

That's because they are out of date. Ancient by todays standards.

--
Be a Good Netizen - Read, Know & Complain About Overly Restrictive Tyrannical ISP ToS & AUP »comcast.net/terms/ »verizon.net/policies/
Say Thanks with a Tool Points Donation

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

The speed tests that need java on dslr are not out of date. Flash tests are utter crap when it comes to accurately testing your speed. As for Tweak test you forget that there are still a lot of XP users out there for whom that test is very useful.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson