how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Blogger
Jedi Poster
Premium
join:2012-10-18

[Snow] Adobe Flash Player: Installed properly?

This morning when I fired up my OS X there was icon sitting on my dock indicating an update for Adobe Flash. It had circular arrows on top of the Adobe logo. Clicking on it resulted visually only in the arrows becoming animated in a circular motion that I interpreted as an installation of the new update or latest version of Flash Player. Eventually the arrows stopped rotating indicating that the download was complete.

However, I never got any other prompts or indication that further action was needed by me. No "package" to click on to have the OS X install like is frequently done with downloads of any application. No administrative authorization password prompt. No .dmg message or any other indication.

I right clicked on the Adobe Flash Player Manager folder that is optically red with the flash logo on it and the "quick look" said last modified January 8, 2013. I certainly didn't proactively do anything with updating or downloading flash on that date. So I am assuming that maybe today's download may have been dated January 8th?

What can I do to assure that the update, whatever it was, was successfully downloaded and installed?

Thank you.

ADDENDUM: I noticed when looking everything I have a lot of regular looking folders on my HD labeled flash for previous or older versions of flash.

Daemon
Premium
join:2003-06-29
Berkeley, CA
Reviews:
·Comcast
·webpass.net
Flash player installs a system preferences pane. You can check the current installed version there, and check for updates too. You can also visit adobe's flash player up-to-date page which will list the most recent version available.
--
-Ryan
I use Linux, OS X, iOS and Windows. Let the OS wars die.

Coma
Thanks Steve
Premium
join:2001-12-30
NirvanaLand
reply to Blogger

I received an Adobe update notification yesterday for Adobe Reader, just clicked OK, it asked for my system password and did it's thing.

1/10/13 11:25:15 AM [0x0-0xcc5cc5].com.adobe.ARM[30195] installer: Warning - If you have Adobe Reader running, you will need to quit it in order to continue.

Other then that, not a clue what's happening with your system.

--
January is National Oatmeal Month

skeechan
Ai Otsukaholic
Premium
join:2012-01-26
AA169|170
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Blogger
Flash doesn't use that type of updater. As Coma mentioned, are you sure it wasn't the recent Adobe Acrobat Reader update that just came down? What you describe is the Reader updater (same type of icon used for the Adobe CS5 and CS6 Application Manager).

not quite right
I'm not cool enough to be a Mac person

join:2001-06-23
Puyallup, WA
kudos:1
reply to Coma
said by Coma:

I received an Adobe update notification yesterday for Adobe Reader, just clicked OK, it asked for my system password and did it's thing.

1/10/13 11:25:15 AM [0x0-0xcc5cc5].com.adobe.ARM[30195] installer: Warning - If you have Adobe Reader running, you will need to quit it in order to continue.

Other then that, not a clue what's happening with your system.

x2
--
Not many people know this, but I happen to be quite famous...

not

@comcast.net
reply to Blogger
Flash is just a plugin. Last update I processed I don't remember it asking for the su password on the system. It just processed the update.