Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx to BigVe

Premium Member

to BigVe

Re: A summary of How Teksavvy has failed it's customers...

said by BigVe:

Quit whining and use VPN & a Seedbox/server that will take care of (most) of your problems.Hard to understand why so many Teksavvy customers blame them for your own piracy.Grow up and get on with life

And the 42 mistakenly notified must be pirates since afterall they were notifiedof their activities. Those mistakenly 42 could be none next tine or maybe 300. As long as they use a seedbox right

Atticka
join:2001-11-26
Montreal, QC

Atticka

I think we can all agree, Voltage is the copyright troll starting this mess in the first place.

Rather than raging against TSI we should be focusing our efforts on Voltage and their missuse of our court system. Who let them in the country in the first place? How do we stop them from trolling fellow citizens?

Tx
bronx cheers from cheap seats
Premium Member
join:2008-11-19
Mississauga, ON

Tx

Premium Member

said by Atticka:

I think we can all agree, Voltage is the copyright troll starting this mess in the first place.

Rather than raging against TSI we should be focusing our efforts on Voltage and their missuse of our court system. Who let them in the country in the first place? How do we stop them from trolling fellow citizens?

Problem is things in this country move so slow that how many people will now have to defend themselves. This was only a motion to disclose. It should have been challanged. Truly innocent people will now have to hire a lawyer.

We shouldnt need a rainy day fund incase if you really are innocent get extortion letters

Atticka
join:2001-11-26
Montreal, QC

Atticka

said by Tx:

said by Atticka:

Problem is things in this country move so slow that how many people will now have to defend themselves. This was only a motion to disclose. It should have been challanged. Truly innocent people will now have to hire a lawyer.

We shouldnt need a rainy day fund incase if you really are innocent get extortion letters

I completely agree, there is no reason an innocent should be forced in to court to defend themselves. Unfortunately this happens often and why we award court fees to the wrongfully accused (and acquitted).

Hopefully it won't come to this, but I believe it will.
Who7
join:2012-12-18

Who7 to Atticka

to Atticka
said by Atticka:

Legal trolls will ALWAYS find a way. So it's up to those who have our private information to keep it private.

Outside this field, let's say.........if someone comes in and wants me to sell something on consignment, and I did sell it to another person, I'm not going to give you their name just because you said it's yours. If you go to court to get it, I'm not going to simply hand it over unless there is reasonable proof you own it and not just your word. I'm going to put up a reasonable fight to protect someone privacy. Where is your receipt and serial number? You don't have any? Why should I disclose that information to you? You have to have some bona fide proof you were wronged. At the very least, I'm going to ask the judge to ask you for that proof.

What TSI said in this case, here is the customer who bought it, you and him, go figire it out.