EG to graysonf

Premium Member

to graysonf

Re: Another Modem GUI Question

said by graysonf:

Also, there is an undocumented page here:

»192.168.100.1/RgEventLog.asp

User/Password are the same.

I have found that I must first access the modem with the first addy, then close down the browser, and then re-open it a second time using the second addy to be able to see the Event Log button. Is it the same for you ?

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Similar here.

If I try to go to /RgEventLog.asp first, I wind up at the other page. If can then try /RgEventLog.asp again and it works. I don't close the browser between tries.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
join:2006-11-18
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

Thanks. Must be a firmware quirk.

pflog
Bueller? Bueller?
MVM
join:2001-09-01
El Dorado Hills, CA

pflog

MVM

said by EG:

yeah sounds like a cookie isn't being set properly or something.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

said by pflog:

said by EG:

yeah sounds like a cookie isn't being set properly or something.

I first noticed this after Comcast pushed the first firmware update to it early last year. It did not happen with the out of the box factory firmware...

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Same here. It worked normally before that last firmware update.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

Same for me. I live with the minor annoyance.

EG
The wings of love
Premium Member
Union, NJ

EG

Premium Member

The quality, performance, and reliability of this modem more than make up for it !

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

Johkal

MVM

I fully agree. Except for the firmware change, this modem reminds me of my trusty Linksys BEFCMU10 v4 which never needed an update & was solid workhorse until I retired it. This Zoom is just so tolerable and the performance is unmatched.

Tobin
join:2003-09-21
Burlingame, CA

Tobin

Seems like both the 5341J and DPC3008 are rock solid with current firmwares. My only complaint about either of them is they are physically unstable if you try to stand them up vertically, especially with the weight of a coaxial cable tugging on it.

I recently tried to provision an SB6141 on my account and it wouldn't work properly. I understand that there is a special procedure to initialize the modem with the SB6121 bootfile, but for anyone who doesn't know the NASR phone number, it's a pain in the neck trying to get the modem activated correctly.

pende_tim
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Selbyville, DE

pende_tim

Premium Member

I have my Zoom mounted inside the network panel, however my panel is 42" tall so I have the room.

Took a pair of Tiewraps and threaded them through the outside back of the panel and girdled them around the Zoom. Some day I will get up the nerve and drill a pilot hole in the back wall of the panel, being very careful not to penetrate the sheetrock in the room behind , , and use pair of sheet metal screws and hang the modem properly.