join:2007-06-22
Portland, OR

2 recommendations

Scatcatpdx to Camelot One

to Camelot One

Re: Vicious circle

said by Camelot One:

said by ITALIAN926:

Tired of the underlying message of endorsing piracy, on almost every headline.

Then stop reading them.

The point he is trying to make, over, and over, and over again, is that content companies are DRIVING people to piracy with this kind of crap.

What you are saying as if the Auto industry jacks up the cost of cars, one is justify to steal a car.

Like other If I do not like the cost or lock up, I do not have to subscribe, I can us alternatives like Netflix wait for the dvd or just read a book.
What needs to happen is more people stop subscribing not more threatening blackmail by piracy.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

No, what I am saying is than when everyone owns a BluRay player and an HDTV, you sell them BluRays. If you insist on only selling crippled VHS, they will look for other ways to obtain BluRay.

Scatcatpdx
Fur It Up
join:2007-06-22
Portland, OR

Scatcatpdx

Again taking your example if a company sells only Crippled VHS dose not gave the right to knowing buy a bootleg BluRay (by the way will be a crippled VHS in you example or made form a miss-appropriated theater copy of the movie) or shop lift the VHS.

Camelot One
MVM
join:2001-11-21
Bloomington, IN

Camelot One

MVM

said by Scatcatpdx:

Again taking your example if a company sells only Crippled VHS dose not gave the right to knowing buy a bootleg BluRay (by the way will be a crippled VHS in you example or made form a miss-appropriated theater copy of the movie) or shop lift the VHS.

I never suggested it was "right", just that this type of thinking encourages people to do it.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to Scatcatpdx

to Scatcatpdx
I don't think you can equate grand theft auto to pirating HBO. How about this. Most people wouldn't steal bread. if the bread makers up the cost of bread by 5X for really no reason then I suspect you would see many normally honest people stealing bread. Is it right? No. But you treat people in a way they see as unfair they will justify their actions.

Sure HBO has a right to do whatever they want. However sometimes being right isn't worth the cost.
« Just encourages piracy..
This is a sub-selection from Vicious circle