tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

geography

there is still plenty of low hanging fruit when it comes to deploying lower capacity buildings.. typically the installation happens piecemeal as customers demand and order the service..

for these buildings it would seem to be a selling point to have both the cableco & telco access instead of an impediment.

I've often said, if you can't get the quality of life services where you live, then move.. you speak with your money.. in no place in the country is that easier to do than NYC...

verizon currently has about 25% of the broadband market share (tri-state NY Metro) which they share with time warner, cablevision, and rcn & others.. if they want more, they're gonna have to fight for it.. nobody's gonna hand it to them on a silver platter. in 2003 - 2009 you saw the company going around bragging with gas guzzling Hummers branded with fios FORCING customers into contracts for triple play just to get an ONT to the premise. then after making reforms, the company forced changes brought on by the shareholders. focus on wireless, kill off thousands of FIOS deployment projects. and as of late, raise prices..

2010 - 2012 (first half of 2012) provided the best value on pricing in FIOS's history.. how many years will customers have to wait for new focus on the customer?

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

1 edit

Once again with the BS 25% marketshare fairytale. Must I follow you around and correct you constantly?

quote:
FiOS penetration (subscribers as a percentage of potential subscribers) continued to increase. FiOS Internet penetration was 37.0 percent at the end of third-quarter 2012, compared with 34.6 percent at the end of third-quarter 2011. In the same periods, FiOS Video penetration was 32.9 percent, compared with 30.6 percent. The FiOS network now passes 17.4 million premises.
»www22.verizon.com/investor/news_···low_.htm So why dont you round it off and start proclaiming 40% , because adding their DSL likely gets them there.

NY is no different, and stop giving the illusion that Verizon competes with Cablevision and Time Warner in the same geographic areas.

tmc8080

join:2004-04-24
Brooklyn, NY
Reviews:
·ooma
·Optimum Online
·Verizon FiOS

said by ITALIAN926:

Once again with the BS 25% marketshare fairytale. Must I follow you around and correct you constantly?

quote:
FiOS penetration (subscribers as a percentage of potential subscribers) continued to increase. FiOS Internet penetration was 37.0 percent at the end of third-quarter 2012, compared with 34.6 percent at the end of third-quarter 2011. In the same periods, FiOS Video penetration was 32.9 percent, compared with 30.6 percent. The FiOS network now passes 17.4 million premises.
»www22.verizon.com/investor/news_···low_.htm So why dont you round it off and start proclaiming 40% , because adding their DSL likely gets them there.

NY is no different, and stop giving the illusion that Verizon competes with Cablevision and Time Warner in the same geographic areas.

Verizon constantly cooks the books.. when I left them as a customer, they refused to give me the refund I was due.. probably to pad their subscriber numbers you are quoting..
I finally had to do a partial charge back on my credit card which they didn't dispute... multiply that times tens of thousands of customers they probably did similar shenanigans with.. it all looks good for investors in the press release.. but it's garbage numbers.. you need actual revenue to match the puffed market share paying the subscription rates.. dig through the propaganda and you'll hit paydirt.

Maybe it isn't 25% anymore (a bit higher, but no larger than 30% taking into account avg of all three services).. my guess is that was the 2010 numbers. It's quite possible this marketshare is coming from Time Waner who wouldn't compete even if it meant bankruptcy of the whole damned company...

Verizon's recent behavior netting bigger gains in market share but larger swings in churn due to price increases.. there's no good way to spin that in the propaganda literature.

ITALIAN926

join:2003-08-16
kudos:2

Wow

LMAO