uniqs
share rss forum feed

FFH5
Premium
join:2002-03-03
Tavistock NJ
kudos:5

RE: Comcast launches Xfinity X1 platform in Phila, NJ

Living in NJ, I checked on this tonight. Online chat was no help and sent me to the 1-800-Comcast phone #. After much waiting and checking, I found out that it is available in my area. BUT, you can't get an X1 DVR TV setup unless you are on a Triple Play package and you also have at a minimum the HD Digital Preferred tier.

So Comcast has a much improved online guide, better remote, better search, etc. But you can't get it if you don't pay an arm & leg for the higher end Triple Play packages.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Mike Wolf

join:2009-05-24
Beachwood, NJ
kudos:4
Not sure where you got your information from but from what I've been hearing a triple play package is not required.

FFH5
Premium
Tavistock NJ
said by Mike Wolf:

Not sure where you got your information from but from what I've been hearing a triple play package is not required.

Info straight from Comcast Sales.
--
A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves money from the public treasury.

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ
My info came straight from the X1 support people. *shrugs*

FFH5
Premium
Tavistock NJ
said by Mike Wolf:

My info came straight from the X1 support people. *shrugs*

I found many references like this both in Comcast forums and in reviews by web sites:
»www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2404676,00.asp

The new UI will only be available to Triple Play customers - those who get voice, TV, and Internet.

»forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-···7#M55222

--

Mike Wolf

Beachwood, NJ

1 edit
What X1 customer and technical support told me was that originally X1 service was only going to be for new triple play customers but because so many current Comcast customers were asking for it, they decided to allow all Comcast subscribers regardless if they were single double or triple packaged available. I was told this at the end of December when I was transferred to the X1 department on the phone (yes they have a dedicated department for X1) because I wanted to find out everything and the regular customer support rep didn't know.