Tell me more x
, there is a new speed test available. Give it a try, leave feedback!
dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc

spacer

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Sukunai
Premium
join:2008-05-07
kudos:1
reply to lugnut

Re: [Rant] I hate Future Shop! I hate Canada Post!

Must be where I live.

Because with the exception of dealing with clerks in an Axis pharmacy that operate a CP counter inside the store and no real idea of what they are doing (not their fault largely as no one trains them either I suppose, and they likely never stay long enough to get any skill as well), I have found CP in the area is ok, but the couriers that work this region actually have brains.

Well anyone that can read a sign to open door, walk up stairs THEN knock on THAT door, or failing that, leave item in alcove which is all inside MY residence, has my appreciation. And the guys actually remember being to my location, so it appears I am dealing with guys that have been working the area for some time.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
reply to lugnut
said by lugnut :

Like I said earlier, the Future Schlock cables worked out cheaper than the Monoprice, plus Monoprice didn't have them in the length that I wanted.

I bet someone else is going to tell you that Monoprice is cheaper

lugnut

@communications.com
said by donoreo:

said by lugnut :

Like I said earlier, the Future Schlock cables worked out cheaper than the Monoprice, plus Monoprice didn't have them in the length that I wanted.

I bet someone else is going to tell you that Monoprice is cheaper

At this point I'm waiting for the discussion to fork over to a comparison of the merits of wire rope vs. case hardened shackles

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to lugnut
Hate Future shop/Canada Post? Get in line buddy. Its a long list of such companies.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to lugnut
hm well talk to Canada post and make sure they did not put the key into the wrong box. I had a package in the big box where they put stuff and leave a key in your mail box to open it. I opened up the big box with the key in my mail box and she was empty. I just went to the post office told them I think they give me the wrong key.

Lady was nice and give me some BS reason it may have happened when really it was just a mistake and I'm cool with that shit happens. They lift the right key the next day.

So make sure they did not put the key into someone elses mailbox. Did they say no packages come to your area?

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to bbyfs
well being as BB is slowly going bust in the states they'll have to do something. I worked for them once forkers canned my ass for no reason. I hated the sales part as I worked in geek squad it pained me so bad to sell someone fucking over priced crap but I never lied to do it and people would buy the crap.

TOPDAWG
Premium
Calgary, AB
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

1 edit
reply to Kitlope
HM anything special about them? Dollar store has them for 3 bucks I think it is. Not sure what spec the ones at the dollar store are. I do remember once at BB when working I was talking to a worker and said you know the cheaper cables are as good the super expense ones and he sit there tiring to say no it's not.

I mean it's one thing to say that to a customer you're tiring to sell to but damn homes I'm not buying them and it's funny the workers can get the $80 dollar cables for like under 10 bucks so that says a lot about the price.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
Reviews:
·VMedia
It's about perception, Marketplace did a show on this along with the overpriced accessories when you try to buy a TV

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· 2ZSDzlMw

lugnut

@communications.com
reply to TOPDAWG
said by TOPDAWG:

hm well talk to Canada post and make sure they did not put the key into the wrong box. I had a package in the big box where they put stuff and leave a key in your mail box to open it. I opened up the big box with the key in my mail box and she was empty. I just went to the post office told them I think they give me the wrong key.

Lady was nice and give me some BS reason it may have happened when really it was just a mistake and I'm cool with that shit happens. They lift the right key the next day.

So make sure they did not put the key into someone elses mailbox. Did they say no packages come to your area?

I was on the horn with Canada Post as soon as the item was marked delivered and it didn't show in my box. My mail normally doesn't get delivered until after 4 -6 PM these days so they told me to wait til 8 PM and call back if it still didn't show up.

8 PM rolls around and still no package so I called them back and they told me to call Future Sh*t immediately to put in a trace. Then Future Sh*t gives me the 5 business days speech.

I really don't doubt that it was misdelivered and not stolen but rather the key left in a neighbour's box. However, the entire weekend has passed and so far nobody's turned up at my door offering to return it to its rightful owner so I'm left to draw three conclusions.

1) Future Sh*t is SCUM!

2) Canada Post is incompetent!

3) My neighbours are also SCUM!

As for my insurance, I managed to clear that up today by paying with Visa and they faxed me a temporary binder to carry me until the real papers show up.

Eventually I'll sort it all out, but so far it's all causing me far more grief and stress than I'm comfortable dealing with.

lugnut

@communications.com
Well the cables showed up in my superbox 20 minutes ago, a full 76 hours after they were marked as delivered.

1) Future Shop is still SCUM!

2) Canada Post is ridiculously incompetent.

3) I owe my neighbours an apology.

OLG scratch tickets are more reliable than Canada Post tracking

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
said by lugnut :

3) I owe my neighbours an apology.

Don't jump the gun, they may still be scum.

corster
Premium
join:2002-02-23
Gatineau, QC
reply to lugnut
If your Superbox is the responsibility of a Rural or Suburban Mail Carrier (usually a subcontractor, rather than a Canada Post employee), your package is shown as "Delivered" on tracking when it is delivered to your carrier (your carrier then delivers it to the superbox on the next business day)

lugnut

@communications.com
My itemized tracking reads

3-1/2 days is a hell of a long time to be riding around in my carrier's trunk :p

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
No doubt that Canada Post tracking sucks and they are ridiculously incompetent. However tracking information doesn't always mean literally what it says on the end-user website, even with competent couriers like Fedex and Purolator. I've had items that mysteriously seemed to return to their point of origin, then suddenly showed up at the border like magic for customs clearance and then at my doorstep. Nevertheless, the vast majority of the time you get a pretty good indication of what is going on. With the above-mentioned decent couriers "On vehicle for delivery" in my experience always means exactly that, and when I was in Toronto (not so much out here) it meant that I could usually even estimate the approximate time of delivery, because it was pretty consistent.
--
"The promoters of the global economy see nothing odd or difficult about unlimited economic growth or unlimited consumption in a limited world."
Wendell Berry

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to lugnut
Just received my IPhone 5 box, from UPS, three exceptions in sorting. Out for delivery in Truro yesterday (thats like putting out for delivery in Kingston when its supposed to be sent to a house in Etobicoke), back to Moncton last night and sent to halifax in the wee morning and delivered today.

Did anybody catch the nuance on the first line.
Yup, box only, sans phone, stolen!!
Paper tape broken, resealed with clear tape.
THe joys ......... first time for me that a commercial grade carrier has had a nimble employee.
--
Ain't nuthin but the blues! "Albert Collins".
Leave your troubles at the door! "Pepe Peregil" De Sevilla. Just Don't Wifi without WPA, "Yul Brenner"

LlamaWorks Equipment

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
join:2004-02-16
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
said by Anav:

Just received my IPhone 5 box, from UPS, three exceptions in sorting. Out for delivery in Truro yesterday (thats like putting out for delivery in Kingston when its supposed to be sent to a house in Etobicoke), back to Moncton last night and sent to halifax in the wee morning and delivered today.

Did anybody catch the nuance on the first line.
Yup, box only, sans phone, stolen!!
Paper tape broken, resealed with clear tape.
THe joys ......... first time for me that a commercial grade carrier has had a nimble employee.

would that device have a serial , mac address , imei number etc that was recorded by the seller ?

if so you might put the word out and the new owner will be SOL when they go to activate it on the network

FaxCap

join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC
Reviews:
·Shaw

1 edit
reply to lugnut
I've got a sound card coming from NewEgg. Damn Purolator is the
carrier. Last time they were here with a delivery I heard a slight
noise at the front door 20' away. I walk up the hall and opened the
door only to see the truck pulling away. There was a scribbled note
saying I could pick the package up 25km away the next day after 1pm.

I phoned them and complained the driver neither knocked on the door
or rang the bell. All I got was a Too Bad So Sad reaction.

FaxCap

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by FaxCap:

I phoned them and complained the driver neither knocked on the door
or rang the bell. All I got was a Too Bad So Sad reaction.

FaxCap

Yep, that's Purolator, a wholly own subsidiary of Canada Post.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
The Purolator driver here in Fort Erie is fantastic. If one of us isn't home to sign for a package he'll drop it off here at the store or with my wife at the bridge.

lugnut

@communications.com
reply to elwoodblues
Actually Purolator is one I almost never have problems with. When they miss me at my door, they just drop it off at the local Purolator Store about 5 blocks away.

UPS on the other hand, makes me schlep out to the bloody airport when I have to pick up.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to Gone
I've never had a problem with Purolator either. In fact I consider it one of the pluses in ordering from Dell.

said by Gone:

... or with my wife at the bridge.

You keep your wife under a bridge? It's like something out of J.R.R. Tolkien!

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to lugnut
Well if you get to know the regular guy, it helps. A UPS driver came back late at night on the way home after attempting delivery in the morning, the day before xmas, thinking it may be an important gift (which it was). So it depends on the person less the company

Gone
Premium
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON
kudos:4
reply to Wolfie00
said by Wolfie00:

You keep your wife under a bridge?

Yes Wolfie, this bridge.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Anav
How's UPS handing ling your complaint? I like snafu's idea of possibly blacklisting the device.

--

Anyone else got to the point they do a complete set of photographs for every package delivered just because of damage, theft or other issues?

loosedobbs

join:2006-06-13
Toronto
reply to lugnut
are you not supposed to reject the package? or refused the delivery of damaged package?
I had the problem few years back and FS csr told me you just refuse the package.
Or you can return the package to store for refund. But make sure you call CSR and file a complaint first.
Never accept the damaged packages.

BigBlarg

join:2008-02-10
Saint-Hyacinthe, QC
kudos:1
reply to Anav
said by Anav:

Well if you get to know the regular guy, it helps. A UPS driver came back late at night on the way home after attempting delivery in the morning, the day before xmas, thinking it may be an important gift (which it was). So it depends on the person less the company

I make sure that all my packages are shipped to my work place. It's always the same guys delivering stuff and I never had any damaged box since.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

How's UPS handing ling your complaint? I like snafu's idea of possibly blacklisting the device.

--

Anyone else got to the point they do a complete set of photographs for every package delivered just because of damage, theft or other issues?

week before last i had a box delivered by ups, after i brought it into the house i realized one corner was crushed a bit. Took a bunch of pictures and as it turned out the contents were ok. Who knows about the long term reliability though.But some of these shippers could do a better job with the packing. this was a mini raid enclosure in the box and padded by a bit of crumpled kraft paper. Bubble wrap or foam peanuts would have been nice.

koira
Keep Fighting Michael
Premium
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to BigBlarg
said by BigBlarg:

said by Anav:

I make sure that all my packages are shipped to my work place. It's always the same guys delivering stuff and I never had any damaged box since.

thats ideal if your shop allows it. Some places forbid personal delivery because of security and that.

lugnut

@communications.com
reply to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

are you not supposed to reject the package? or refused the delivery of damaged package?
I had the problem few years back and FS csr told me you just refuse the package.
Or you can return the package to store for refund. But make sure you call CSR and file a complaint first.
Never accept the damaged packages.

Should this be directed at Anav? I had no problem with a damaged package. My bitch was with the hit or miss tracking CP uses.

Anyway, with a superbox you don't have an option to refuse packages from FS. They don't ship requiring a signature. They simply specify "Do Not Safe Drop" meaning they can happily just dump it in your superbox and it's no longer their problem.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
Somewhere in
reply to lugnut
UPS gets dropped off at the UPS store at Danforth and Vic Park, a short walk away, Purolator sends me to the back acres of Toronto, way up north of Midland and Finch. They used to have a store on Kingston Rd , but closed it.