spc
Search similar:

uniqs
peterboro (banned)
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON

peterboro (banned) to lugnut

to lugnut

Re: [Rant] I hate Future Shop! I hate Canada Post!

said by lugnut :

3) I owe my neighbours an apology.

Don't jump the gun, they may still be scum.

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
If your Superbox is the responsibility of a Rural or Suburban Mail Carrier (usually a subcontractor, rather than a Canada Post employee), your package is shown as "Delivered" on tracking when it is delivered to your carrier (your carrier then delivers it to the superbox on the next business day)

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut

Anon

My itemized tracking reads

2013/01/11	17:33  	MISSISSAUGA	Item successfully delivered		
	        13:22	        MISSISSAUGA	Item out for delivery		
	        08:14	        MISSISSAUGA	Item processed at local delivery facility		
	        01:13	        MISSISSAUGA	Item processed at postal facility

3-1/2 days is a hell of a long time to be riding around in my carrier's trunk :p

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie007

Premium Member

No doubt that Canada Post tracking sucks and they are ridiculously incompetent. However tracking information doesn't always mean literally what it says on the end-user website, even with competent couriers like Fedex and Purolator. I've had items that mysteriously seemed to return to their point of origin, then suddenly showed up at the border like magic for customs clearance and then at my doorstep. Nevertheless, the vast majority of the time you get a pretty good indication of what is going on. With the above-mentioned decent couriers "On vehicle for delivery" in my experience always means exactly that, and when I was in Toronto (not so much out here) it meant that I could usually even estimate the approximate time of delivery, because it was pretty consistent.

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium Member
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
Just received my IPhone 5 box, from UPS, three exceptions in sorting. Out for delivery in Truro yesterday (thats like putting out for delivery in Kingston when its supposed to be sent to a house in Etobicoke), back to Moncton last night and sent to halifax in the wee morning and delivered today.

Did anybody catch the nuance on the first line.
Yup, box only, sans phone, stolen!!
Paper tape broken, resealed with clear tape.
THe joys ......... first time for me that a commercial grade carrier has had a nimble employee.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira

Premium Member

said by Anav:

Just received my IPhone 5 box, from UPS, three exceptions in sorting. Out for delivery in Truro yesterday (thats like putting out for delivery in Kingston when its supposed to be sent to a house in Etobicoke), back to Moncton last night and sent to halifax in the wee morning and delivered today.

Did anybody catch the nuance on the first line.
Yup, box only, sans phone, stolen!!
Paper tape broken, resealed with clear tape.
THe joys ......... first time for me that a commercial grade carrier has had a nimble employee.

would that device have a serial , mac address , imei number etc that was recorded by the seller ?

if so you might put the word out and the new owner will be SOL when they go to activate it on the network

FaxCap
join:2002-05-25
Surrey, BC

1 edit

FaxCap to lugnut

to lugnut
I've got a sound card coming from NewEgg. Damn Purolator is the
carrier. Last time they were here with a delivery I heard a slight
noise at the front door 20' away. I walk up the hall and opened the
door only to see the truck pulling away. There was a scribbled note
saying I could pick the package up 25km away the next day after 1pm.

I phoned them and complained the driver neither knocked on the door
or rang the bell. All I got was a Too Bad So Sad reaction.

FaxCap

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by FaxCap:

I phoned them and complained the driver neither knocked on the door
or rang the bell. All I got was a Too Bad So Sad reaction.

FaxCap

Yep, that's Purolator, a wholly own subsidiary of Canada Post.

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone

Premium Member

The Purolator driver here in Fort Erie is fantastic. If one of us isn't home to sign for a package he'll drop it off here at the store or with my wife at the bridge.

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut to elwoodblues

Anon

to elwoodblues
Actually Purolator is one I almost never have problems with. When they miss me at my door, they just drop it off at the local Purolator Store about 5 blocks away.

UPS on the other hand, makes me schlep out to the bloody airport when I have to pick up.

Wolfie007
My dog is an elitist
Premium Member
join:2005-03-12

Wolfie007 to Gone

Premium Member

to Gone
I've never had a problem with Purolator either. In fact I consider it one of the pluses in ordering from Dell.
said by Gone:

... or with my wife at the bridge.

You keep your wife under a bridge? It's like something out of J.R.R. Tolkien!

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
Well if you get to know the regular guy, it helps. A UPS driver came back late at night on the way home after attempting delivery in the morning, the day before xmas, thinking it may be an important gift (which it was). So it depends on the person less the company

Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Wolfie007

Premium Member

to Wolfie007
said by Wolfie007:

You keep your wife under a bridge?

Yes Wolfie, this bridge.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to Anav

Premium Member

to Anav
How's UPS handing ling your complaint? I like snafu's idea of possibly blacklisting the device.

--

Anyone else got to the point they do a complete set of photographs for every package delivered just because of damage, theft or other issues?

loosedobbs
join:2006-06-13
Toronto

loosedobbs to lugnut

to lugnut
are you not supposed to reject the package? or refused the delivery of damaged package?
I had the problem few years back and FS csr told me you just refuse the package.
Or you can return the package to store for refund. But make sure you call CSR and file a complaint first.
Never accept the damaged packages.

PatPatate
join:2008-02-10
Sainte-Julie, QC

PatPatate to Anav

to Anav
said by Anav:

Well if you get to know the regular guy, it helps. A UPS driver came back late at night on the way home after attempting delivery in the morning, the day before xmas, thinking it may be an important gift (which it was). So it depends on the person less the company

I make sure that all my packages are shipped to my work place. It's always the same guys delivering stuff and I never had any damaged box since.

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

How's UPS handing ling your complaint? I like snafu's idea of possibly blacklisting the device.

--

Anyone else got to the point they do a complete set of photographs for every package delivered just because of damage, theft or other issues?

week before last i had a box delivered by ups, after i brought it into the house i realized one corner was crushed a bit. Took a bunch of pictures and as it turned out the contents were ok. Who knows about the long term reliability though.But some of these shippers could do a better job with the packing. this was a mini raid enclosure in the box and padded by a bit of crumpled kraft paper. Bubble wrap or foam peanuts would have been nice.
koira

koira to PatPatate

Premium Member

to PatPatate
said by PatPatate:

said by Anav:

I make sure that all my packages are shipped to my work place. It's always the same guys delivering stuff and I never had any damaged box since.

thats ideal if your shop allows it. Some places forbid personal delivery because of security and that.

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut to loosedobbs

Anon

to loosedobbs
said by loosedobbs:

are you not supposed to reject the package? or refused the delivery of damaged package?
I had the problem few years back and FS csr told me you just refuse the package.
Or you can return the package to store for refund. But make sure you call CSR and file a complaint first.

Should this be directed at Anav? I had no problem with a damaged package. My bitch was with the hit or miss tracking CP uses.

Anyway, with a superbox you don't have an option to refuse packages from FS. They don't ship requiring a signature. They simply specify "Do Not Safe Drop" meaning they can happily just dump it in your superbox and it's no longer their problem.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
UPS gets dropped off at the UPS store at Danforth and Vic Park, a short walk away, Purolator sends me to the back acres of Toronto, way up north of Midland and Finch. They used to have a store on Kingston Rd , but closed it.

Anav
Premium Member
Dartmouth, NS

Anav to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
said by lugnut :

said by loosedobbs:

Should this be directed at Anav? I had no problem with a damaged package. My bitch was with the hit or miss tracking CP uses.

Anyway, with a superbox you don't have an option to refuse packages from FS. They don't ship requiring a signature. They simply specify "Do Not Safe Drop" meaning they can happily just dump it in your superbox and it's no longer their problem.

In any case I was not home, and it was accepted by a less astute receipient, who did not know what it was, did not know it was WAYY too light and would not have noticed the extra and foreign clear tape used over the standard normal packing tape.
Purolator
join:2012-11-16
Mississauga, ON

Purolator to FaxCap

to FaxCap
Hello FaxCap,

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience stemming from this incident.

Im very surprised and disappointed to hear that no apologies or delivery alternatives were offered to you. We take customers feedback very seriously and I would like to follow up on this matter. You can send us the details and tracking number at customer.care@purolator.com.

Best regards,

Catherine Côté
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
Purolator Inc.www.Purolator.com
E-mail / Courriel: customer.care@purolator.com
Follow us on Twitter »twitter.com/purolatorhelp

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap

said by Purolator:

Hello FaxCap,

I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience stemming from this incident.

Im very surprised and disappointed to hear that no apologies or delivery alternatives were offered to you. We take customers feedback very seriously and I would like to follow up on this matter. You can send us the details and tracking number at customer.care@purolator.com.

Best regards,

Catherine Côté
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team
Purolator Inc.www.Purolator.com
E-mail / Courriel: customer.care@purolator.com
Follow us on Twitter »twitter.com/purolatorhelp

This was back in the Spring. I had never had a problem before and
it was just once but infuriating none the less.

You'll be happy to know the driver yesterday did ring the bell and did
wait the 30 seconds before I got to the door.

FaxCap

lugnut
@communications.com

lugnut to Purolator

Anon

to Purolator
At least Purolator cares enough about their reputation to monitor and respond to social media complaints.

I'm impressed.

I've never seen anyone from Fedex or UPS come in here and address complaints about poor service.

I've seen a few whiners representing Canada Post, albeit unofficially, whenever they come up for a contract renewal though Responding officially to customer complaints? Maybe when pigs fly

corster
Premium Member
join:2002-02-23
Oshawa, ON

corster to lugnut

Premium Member

to lugnut
I used to hate getting packages by UPS - I don't hate it as much now that they just drop it off at the UPS Store (which is actually closer to me than the Post Office).

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo

Premium Member

said by corster:

I used to hate getting packages by UPS - I don't hate it as much now that they just drop it off at the UPS Store (which is actually closer to me than the Post Office).

That is all they ever do. They never even try to deliver. Multiple times they have done this when someone was home, they just stick the notice on the door and take off.

FaxCap
Surrey, BC

FaxCap to lugnut

to lugnut
I swear....we went from Friday Dec 21st until the 28th without a mail
delivery. Then at about noon on the 28th we all had a mailbox
stuffed with 1 week worth of mail.

FaxCap

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

I can believe it; according to Canada Post some “areas may only get delivery 3 or 4 times a week”. Take into account holidays, increased mail volume, the tendency for federal employees’ productivity to drop exponentially near holidays and Fridays, you should be happy any may showed up before the New Year.
Purolator
join:2012-11-16
Mississauga, ON

Purolator to FaxCap

to FaxCap
Hello FaxCap,
Glad to hear that you have seen improvements.
If you need any help, you know where to find us.
Regards,
Vincent

donoreo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON

donoreo to Thane_Bitter

Premium Member

to Thane_Bitter
said by Thane_Bitter:

I can believe it; according to Canada Post some “areas may only get delivery 3 or 4 times a week”. Take into account holidays, increased mail volume, the tendency for federal employees’ productivity to drop exponentially near holidays and Fridays, you should be happy any may showed up before the New Year.

I think mail delivery would be fine on Monday, Wednesday and Friday or even just Tuesday and Thursday. They would need less staff.

My wife was talking to our mailman a month or so ago. He said the routes had all been changed. They were being done by a computer program now. We do not get delivery until late in the day now and he said he and others are working longer hours and getting overtime as a result of the changes.