share rss forum feed

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to donoreo

Re: [Rant] I hate Future Shop! I hate Canada Post!

Could be true i was going out on Tursday night saw somebody walking with a "headlight" on their hard, it was a postie delivering mail at 7pm

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
said by elwoodblues:

Could be true i was going out on Tursday night saw somebody walking with a "headlight" on their hard, it was a postie delivering mail at 7pm

Our mail switched to after 4 PM in November. Previously it was always by 1 PM.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to donoreo
said by donoreo:

I think mail delivery would be fine on Monday, Wednesday and Friday or even just Tuesday and Thursday. They would need less staff.

I only check my mailbox maybe twice a week or so (I get delivery to a "Superbox" just up the street) - so I wouldn't even notice if CP cut delivery back to every other day; and I'm sure I'm not alone in the limited frequency residential mail get's checked.

donoreo
Premium
join:2002-05-30
North York, ON
said by LazMan:

said by donoreo:

I think mail delivery would be fine on Monday, Wednesday and Friday or even just Tuesday and Thursday. They would need less staff.

I only check my mailbox maybe twice a week or so (I get delivery to a "Superbox" just up the street) - so I wouldn't even notice if CP cut delivery back to every other day; and I'm sure I'm not alone in the limited frequency residential mail get's checked.

My wife would let it go for days and our mailbox is 6 inches or so outside the front door.
--
The irony of common sense, it is not that common.
I cannot deny anything I did not say.
A kitten dies every time someone uses "then" and "than" incorrectly.
I mock people who give their children odd spelling of names.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
reply to LazMan
that's what I do unless I know something is coming I need. Hell I may just check it once a week sometimes.

lugnut

@communications.com
reply to donoreo
Over the past two years my mail delivery has moved from 1 PM to 4 PM and now this past month 6 PM!!! Frankly it's a pain in the ass since I don't even know what I'm receiving anymore since I can't read the addresses in the dark.

As it is, the only way I can tell I'm getting all my mail now is by touch since it's too dark to see inside the bloody box. What now? Do I have to start carrying a flashlight to read my frigging mail?

As for people who let their mail sit for a week in a superbox, that's actually rather inconsiderate of you. You may be occupying one of the limited large package boxes for that week. Considering there's only like 4 or 6 of the large boxes available for 24 to 36 addresses you have to realize that other people might need the space you are selfishly occupying for up to a week.

TOPDAWG
Premium
join:2005-04-27
Calgary, AB
kudos:3
uh if I know I'm getting a large package I'll check every day as most times I know when a package is coming and I want those items other then that I check it whenever I remember.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
kudos:2
reply to donoreo
Mine comes the same time, before 9am, even though he's not supposed to leave the Post office till then.