spc
Search similar:

uniqs
shof515
join:2008-06-15
Ridgewood, NY

shof515

[HDMI] No video signal

I had FIOS TV since September and i had my set top box connected to my Toshiba TV by HDMI. This afternoon, when i turned on both my tv and the set top box i get no signal or fuzzy picture with lots of noise and no audio. I changed both HDMI cables and HDMI ports on my tv with no success. The box is is a QIP-71000 P2

The box works when i plug in a coaxial cable or a composite cable. Anyone know how i can get hdmi working on the box again so i can get HD channels? Should i replace the box or get a pair of component cables? All of my HDMI cables work fine since they work for other devices. Both of my HDMI cables is this type: »www.monoprice.com/produc ··· format=2
chitchatjf
join:2008-07-13
Lawrence, MA

chitchatjf

Some sets seem to work better with component cables
oldeguy
Premium Member
join:2007-08-04
Phoenixville, PA

oldeguy to shof515

Premium Member

to shof515
Check that you're in the correct HDMI output on the box, and on the TV.
Be sure you have the correct "input" selected on the TV for the HDMI slot you are using.
Make sure you're TV is tuned to the correct channel number for your service (usually channel 3 or channel 4).

Sometimes when you work on a problem like this, you create a different problem when you miss a connection, etc. It's easy to forget what you have done, or where something was plugged in (believe me, I am speaking from "experience" here).

Doesn't seem that it should just stop working if all connections were good before. I've had a loose HDMI connector in the TV that cause problems (just moved the cable to the "other" HDMI connector and selected THAT input for the TV).

Probably just stating the obvious, but it helps to go over everything one more time before making any calls or spending any $$.

Good Luck.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

PJL to shof515

to shof515
said by shof515:

I had FIOS TV since September and i had my set top box connected to my Toshiba TV by HDMI. This afternoon, when i turned on both my tv and the set top box i get no signal or fuzzy picture with lots of noise and no audio. I changed both HDMI cables and HDMI ports on my tv with no success. The box is is a QIP-71000 P2

The box works when i plug in a coaxial cable or a composite cable. Anyone know how i can get hdmi working on the box again so i can get HD channels? Should i replace the box or get a pair of component cables? All of my HDMI cables work fine since they work for other devices. Both of my HDMI cables is this type: »www.monoprice.com/produc ··· format=2

Have you performed an STB autocorrection?
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to shof515

to shof515
Does the HDMI connection on the box seem loose to you? I had that problem a few years ago with one of my boxes. I was never able to get a tight connection. I ended up exchanging the box and things were fine after that.

Try connecting another HDMI device (like a DVD player) to the same HDMI port on your TV and see if that works ok. At least then you can rule out any problems with the cable or TV connection.
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to shof515

to shof515
Have you pulled power from the box and reset it that way? Might kick it into gear.

celticpride
@verizon.net

celticpride

Anon

similar thing happened to me with my av receiver and tivo,after i reset my av receiver it worked again.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

I've had a somewhat similar issue when changing channels I get a black screen and or static on the screen.

Rebooting the STB and turning the TV off and on has fixed it.
shof515
Ridgewood, NY

shof515 to ansky

to ansky
hdmi cable and ports work fine since i can plug in my pc to the tv

the hdmi port worked fine for months, never touched the cable and now this is happening..strangr
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601

Again, did you try rebooting the STB by pulling power?
shof515
Ridgewood, NY

shof515

yes, and i even tried some kind of reset thing i found in the menu