BryanInPHX
Premium
join:2001-03-06
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

1 edit

[AZ] Price Increases, No Speed increase mentioned.

Arizona - Price Increases across the board, No Speed increase mentioned, No new Channels mentioned.

At Cox Communications it's our priority to add value with more Internet speed year after year (WHERE, I dont see it), new features like readable voicemail, and additional On DEMAND programming. With increasing programming expenses and rising costs of doing business, we are making the following changes to our service rates effective with your next bill statement. All prices are listed per month unless otherwise noted and subject to franchise fees, taxes, and deposits. We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future.

Prices for Cox TV and Advanced TV will be as follows:
Cox TV Essential will change from $60.79 to $63.99.
Advanced TV will change from $62.59 to $63.99.
Preferred TV will change from $69.59 to $73.99.
Super Mix will change from $69.59 to $70.99.
Premier TV will change from $80.59 to $83.99.
Ultimate TV will change from $122.58 to $125.99.
Advanced TV standard definition receivers will change from $6.99 to $8.50.

Plus Package fee will change from $10 to $5. (only decrease)
Variety Pak will change from $7.00 to $10.00.
Sports and Information Pak will change from $7.00 to $8.50.
Single premium channel rate will change from $14.99 to $15.00.
Two premium channels rate will change from $23.49 to $25.00
Three premium channel rate will change from $31.99 to $34.00.
Four premium channel rate will change from $39.49 to $42.00.

Telephone:
Cox Digital Telephone Essential will change from $19.99 to $21.99.
Voice Mail will change from $7.99 to $8.99.
To comply with federal regulatory guidelines for the Access Recovery Charge, the FCC Access Charge will increase by $0.12. Toll Restriction will change from $2.75 to $1.49.
Simply 5 Long Distance will change from $3.99 to $4.95.
For information on other telephone rate changes, please visit Cox.com

Internet:
Starter will change from $25.99 to $26.99.
Essential will change from $37.99 to $39.99.
Preferred will change from $53.99 to $55.99.
Premier will change from $64.99 to $67.99.
Ultimate will change from $94.99 to $99.99.
--
Cox Premier HSI, SB6120, DIR-628, Win7 WMC SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime
TiVo Elite & Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, SA8240HDC DVR, Passport Vers: 3.1.124, OS Vers: PowerTV 6.20.75.106sp
DIY-Ext. eSATA DVR Expander No Enclosure Bare HDD - WD Caviar Black WD1002FA

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI
Hmm...it's a good thing I got in on the 32.99 a month premier internet for 12 months deal. Doesn't seem they're raising the price on economy TV either.

And who pays for long distance and voice mail anymore? That's so retro.

Google voice is free and it is better than basically every voice mail service that any carrier offers. Plus if you have an internet connection that is even slightly better than dialup, you can call anywhere in the US and Canada for free, just get an Obi100 for $40 and never pay any monthly fees or metered rates again. Works fine with my fax machine too.

BryanInPHX
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
Reviews:
·Cox HSI

3 edits
reply to BryanInPHX
It would be worth it to call and get a Price-Lock Agreement before the new rates take effect:
If you want to downgrade any "Core" service, make sure you do it prior to agreeing to the Price-Lock. Only "Core" services are Price-Locked, not Package subs, addons, premium channels, or hardware costs.

24 Month Price Lock Guarantee – Arizona
»ww2.cox.com/aboutus/arizona/poli···q411.cox
Early Termination Fee is prorated at $2/mo up to a max of $48

12 Month Price Lock Guarantee – Arizona
»ww2.cox.com/aboutus/arizona/poli···q212.cox
Early Termination Fee is prorated at $10/mo up to a max of $120
--
Cox Premier HSI, SB6120, DIR-628, Win7 WMC SiliconDust HD HomeRun Prime
TiVo Elite & Premiere 2TB-WD20EURS, SA8240HDC DVR, Passport Vers: 3.1.124, OS Vers: PowerTV 6.20.75.106sp
DIY-Ext. eSATA DVR Expander No Enclosure Bare HDD - WD Caviar Black WD1002FA

Rakeesh

Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI
The deal I got isn't a contract term, rather it is just an offer they gave. Something similar may be available, but only to new subscribers.

Being a new subscriber is simple when there is another person in your household. Simply tell them that you are moving out and want to disconnect, and a current resident wants to pick up a new account in their place. You can then take advantage of their current new subscriber offers.

This is what I did, and I'm on track to save over $500 over this year.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1
What about FL?

Note there's nothing for Ultimate we currently pay $99.00

Here's what I got

-Rob

At Cox Communications it's our priority to add value with
more Internet speed year after year, new features like readable
voicemail, and additional On DEMAND programming. With
increasing programming expenses and rising costs of doing
business, we are making the following changes to our service rates
effective with your next bill statement. All prices are listed per
month unless otherwise noted and subject to franchise fees, taxes,
and deposits. We appreciate your business and look forward to
serving you in the future.

TV

Prices for Advanced TV will be as follows:
Advanced TV will change from $68.49 to $66.29. Preferred TV will
change from $72.49 to $76.29. Premier TV will change from $80.99
to $86.29. Ultimate TV will change from $125.97 to $126.29. Super
Mix will change from $74.49 to $76.29. Advanced TV Gateway will
change from $4.20 to $2.00. Anime, WWE Classics, and here!
Subscription Video On DEMAND services will change from $6.95 to
$6.99 each. Howard TV Subscription Video On DEMAND will
change from $13.95 to $13.99. Advanced TV standard definition
receivers will change from $6.99 to $8.50. Advanced TV High
Definition and DVR receivers will change from $7.99 to $8.50.
Variety Pak will change from $4.00 to $10.00. Sports and
Information Pak will change from $4.25 to $8.50. Movie Pak will
change from $4.25 to $7.00. Latino Pak will change from $6.00 to
$10.00. Single premium rate will change from $14.99 to $15.00.
Two premium rate will change from $24.99 to $25.00.

Internet
Starter will change from $25.99 to $26.99. Essential will change
from $37.99 to $41.99. Preferred will change from $53.99 to $56.99.
Cox Service Protection Plan will change from $5.95 to $6.99.

bryant313

join:2011-05-24
Las Vegas, NV
reply to BryanInPHX
i am keeping my fingers crossed that something is coming because its just not right to hike up the prices without offering a little more

but then again this has been happening for years now so idk what to expect

BryanInPHX
Premium
Phoenix, AZ
reply to Rob_
In both AZ and FL now standard definition receivers are the same price as HD receivers, So now Cox can honestly say HD is FREE!!!!

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
In fairness to them, they are not charging us extra fees for HD, they could easily charge $10.00 for HD content. But choose not to.

I do think it's time to push all Disney channels and put them on their own tier and charge whatever a month from them.

I'm sure a lot of women can live without their wifetime.

-Rob

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA
reply to Rakeesh
said by Rakeesh:

Hmm...it's a good thing I got in on the 32.99 a month premier internet for 12 months deal. Doesn't seem they're raising the price on economy TV either.

What i was told that even if you have a Promo offer your rate will increase.

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE
reply to BryanInPHX
Cox usually doesn't announce them at the same time.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
said by ajwees41:

Cox usually doesn't announce them at the same time.

how about instead of me getting 40 download how about 55? we live in the year 2012 not 1966

or raise the cap to 500GB instead of 250 which is stupid.
--
Holocaust survivors and their family's fill this out.
»online.ushmm.org/registry/update···form.php

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
+1

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to ajwees41
well something better happen soon i mean i keep seeing more and more cable isp's across the nation raising their speeds but Cox has yet to really make a change

ajwees41
Premium
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

1 edit
said by bryant313:

well something better happen soon i mean i keep seeing more and more cable isp's across the nation raising their speeds but Cox has yet to really make a change

what are the speeds and what are the prices? do the compare with Cox?

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
that i do not know for certain but i bet they are not too high compared to cox it may even be the same prices for more speed in some areas

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
reply to ajwees41
quarter 2 of this year is the new rumored time for these "speed upgrades"

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
Here's some good news, I just got on to the 12 month guarantee and she gave me encore/epix at no extra cost. My bill went down to $209 that includes the internet and TV!

Sometimes, if you guys call in, you'll get surprises they won't advertise.

Slight problem, the 4240s need to be zapped for Encore and Epix but my DVR works fine.

I'm a real happy camper now. My mom can enjoy her TV and it won't kill my bank account.

-Rob

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
reply to ajwees41
said by ajwees41:

said by bryant313:

what are the speeds and what are the prices? do the compare with Cox?

Comcast is cheaper i would get a 80 channels and internet for 12 months @ $ 50.00 (Blast plus) even if Comcast would go up $10.00 it still would be a better deal with them instead of COX.
»www.comcast.com/internet-service.html

$29.00 20Mbps download why is Cox so expensive they offer nothing more then Comcast and thats cheaper..
»internetproviders-internetservic···fastest/
--

Vorg
Premium
join:2002-06-18
Tucson, AZ
reply to BryanInPHX
Well, My modem just went offline for 30 minutes. Got a computer responce when I called saying phoenix and tucson area might have to reboot modems due to a "performance upgrade".

bryant313

Las Vegas, NV
you must keep us informed

and plz post speeds if you do get a upgrade

Vorg
Premium
join:2002-06-18
Tucson, AZ
I have an older modem. There won't be any speed boost. And with the ever rising cost if it wasn't such a ripoff to drop a tier, we'd drop to Essential in a heart beat. But $15 drop from $56 to $42 causing a "rated" speed drop from 18 to 3 is a ripoff. If it was at least 10Mb, we'd do it.

When we signed up with cox, it was $45 for Preferred. Soon will be time to drop cox phone and switch to something like magic jack to get the cost back down.

Rakeesh

Mesa, AZ
I use obi100 with google voice. Never pay any monthly fees ever. Even works with my fax machine.

Rob_
Premium
Mary Esther, FL
There's got to be a subscription required and can you port your current # over to this? Right now, my phone costs $12.12 a month.

-Rob

Rakeesh

Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI
Google voice doesn't cost anything. Yes you can port your number, I think it is a one time $10 fee or something like that. And if you're with cox, your phone costs you $20 a month after taxes, fees, etc. Only thing is with google voice you don't get 911, but I only have a fax machine connected to it so nobody would pick it up and try to dial 911 with it (cell phones do that job better anyways.)

Anyways, I just realized the 3mbit tier is $42 a month! Holy ripoff batman. I hope a new ISP comes around when my $32 a month premier deal runs out next year.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Rob_
said by Rob_:

In fairness to them, they are not charging us extra fees for HD, they could easily charge $10.00 for HD content. But choose not to.

they do. its just stuffed into the various fees.
--
Despises any post with strings.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Rob_
said by Rob_:

Internet
Starter will change from $25.99 to $26.99. Essential will change
from $37.99 to $41.99. Preferred will change from $53.99 to $56.99.
Cox Service Protection Plan will change from $5.95 to $6.99.

WOW i remember when starter used to be $9.95/mo.
might be time to look at satellite again for TV.
--
Despises any post with strings.

Rakeesh

Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI
reply to dvd536
said by dvd536:

said by Rob_:

they do. its just stuffed into the various fees.

Yeah look at the cost of an HD receiver. $8.50 per month.

TV is stupid for what you pay for it, especially given that you have to pay to get commercials. I'm glad I don't really watch it any more.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA
reply to Vorg
said by Vorg:

When we signed up with cox, it was $45 for Preferred. Soon will be time to drop cox phone and switch to something like magic jack to get the cost back down.

my local channels through COX is $26,00 the same Channels through Satellite is $4.00.. I will be canceling that expensive tv package in the near future within 1-2 months.

for those of you that want a home phone get a Land line. its been the same price through windstream for 30 yrs. but yet cox has to over charge its customers BS.
--

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana
said by 08034016:

said by Vorg:

my local channels through COX is $26,00 the same Channels through Satellite is $4.00.. I will be canceling that expensive tv package in the near future within 1-2 months.

for those of you that want a home phone get a Land line. its been the same price through windstream for 30 yrs. but yet cox has to over charge its customers BS.

Google voice with an Obiahi 100 purchase cost you about $35 for the entire year. Sooo many alternatives that work very well.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
Byron, GA

3 edits
said by digiblur:

said by 08034016:

said by Vorg:

Google voice with an Obiahi 100 purchase cost you about $35 for the entire year. Sooo many alternatives that work very well.

I mean what the hell is this and cox wants to charge out the **** for their services...... $35 a year for phone cox listen up people are getting mad at you, you're screwing over the customers that leave you in business... i know 5 people that will be canceling their Cox Internet cox phone and TV to go with windstream/ phone/dishnetwork.

quote:
Price Guaranteed for Life

Reliable phone service from Windstream to keep you connected, even in emergencies. Add in a Lifetime Price Guarantee and you can talk as much as you want, knowing your monthly bill will never go up, ever!

Heres the price in my area so what its only 12Mbps its the PRICE THATS FOR LIFE THIS IS WHAT COUNTS, UNLIMITED CALLING SATELLITE TV.

quote:
$79.98
per month

i WILL PAY TO COX $89.00 FOR PREMIER AND BASIC TV, SO I WILL SAVE $10 PER MONTH OR $120 PER YEAR.

YOUR BILL WILL NEVER GO UP PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
»www.windstream.com/
--