Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Vorg
Premium
join:2002-06-18
Tucson, AZ
reply to bryant313

Re: [AZ] Price Increases, No Speed increase mentioned.

I have an older modem. There won't be any speed boost. And with the ever rising cost if it wasn't such a ripoff to drop a tier, we'd drop to Essential in a heart beat. But $15 drop from $56 to $42 causing a "rated" speed drop from 18 to 3 is a ripoff. If it was at least 10Mb, we'd do it.

When we signed up with cox, it was $45 for Preferred. Soon will be time to drop cox phone and switch to something like magic jack to get the cost back down.

Rakeesh

join:2011-10-30
Mesa, AZ

I use obi100 with google voice. Never pay any monthly fees ever. Even works with my fax machine.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

There's got to be a subscription required and can you port your current # over to this? Right now, my phone costs $12.12 a month.

-Rob

Rakeesh

Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI

Google voice doesn't cost anything. Yes you can port your number, I think it is a one time $10 fee or something like that. And if you're with cox, your phone costs you $20 a month after taxes, fees, etc. Only thing is with google voice you don't get 911, but I only have a fax machine connected to it so nobody would pick it up and try to dial 911 with it (cell phones do that job better anyways.)

Anyways, I just realized the 3mbit tier is $42 a month! Holy ripoff batman. I hope a new ISP comes around when my $32 a month premier deal runs out next year.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Rob_

said by Rob_:

In fairness to them, they are not charging us extra fees for HD, they could easily charge $10.00 for HD content. But choose not to.

they do. its just stuffed into the various fees.
--
Despises any post with strings.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ
kudos:4
reply to Rob_

said by Rob_:

Internet
Starter will change from $25.99 to $26.99. Essential will change
from $37.99 to $41.99. Preferred will change from $53.99 to $56.99.
Premier will change from $64.99 to $67.99.
Cox Service Protection Plan will change from $5.95 to $6.99.

WOW i remember when starter used to be $9.95/mo.
might be time to look at satellite again for TV.
--
Despises any post with strings.

Rakeesh

Mesa, AZ
Reviews:
·Sprint Mobile Br..
·Cox HSI
reply to dvd536

said by dvd536:

said by Rob_:

In fairness to them, they are not charging us extra fees for HD, they could easily charge $10.00 for HD content. But choose not to.

they do. its just stuffed into the various fees.

Yeah look at the cost of an HD receiver. $8.50 per month.

TV is stupid for what you pay for it, especially given that you have to pay to get commercials. I'm glad I don't really watch it any more.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA
reply to Vorg

said by Vorg:

When we signed up with cox, it was $45 for Preferred. Soon will be time to drop cox phone and switch to something like magic jack to get the cost back down.

my local channels through COX is $26,00 the same Channels through Satellite is $4.00.. I will be canceling that expensive tv package in the near future within 1-2 months.

for those of you that want a home phone get a Land line. its been the same price through windstream for 30 yrs. but yet cox has to over charge its customers BS.
--
Holocaust survivors and their family's fill this out.
»online.ushmm.org/registry/update···form.php

digiblur
Premium
join:2002-06-03
Louisiana

said by 08034016:

said by Vorg:

my local channels through COX is $26,00 the same Channels through Satellite is $4.00.. I will be canceling that expensive tv package in the near future within 1-2 months.

for those of you that want a home phone get a Land line. its been the same price through windstream for 30 yrs. but yet cox has to over charge its customers BS.

Google voice with an Obiahi 100 purchase cost you about $35 for the entire year. Sooo many alternatives that work very well.

Hallo lisa Aus Amerika
Premium
join:2001-08-31
Byron, GA

3 edits

said by digiblur:

said by 08034016:

said by Vorg:

Google voice with an Obiahi 100 purchase cost you about $35 for the entire year. Sooo many alternatives that work very well.

I mean what the hell is this and cox wants to charge out the **** for their services...... $35 a year for phone cox listen up people are getting mad at you, you're screwing over the customers that leave you in business... i know 5 people that will be canceling their Cox Internet cox phone and TV to go with windstream/ phone/dishnetwork.

quote:
Price Guaranteed for Life

Reliable phone service from Windstream to keep you connected, even in emergencies. Add in a Lifetime Price Guarantee and you can talk as much as you want, knowing your monthly bill will never go up, ever!

Heres the price in my area so what its only 12Mbps its the PRICE THATS FOR LIFE THIS IS WHAT COUNTS, UNLIMITED CALLING SATELLITE TV.

quote:
$79.98
per month

i WILL PAY TO COX $89.00 FOR PREMIER AND BASIC TV, SO I WILL SAVE $10 PER MONTH OR $120 PER YEAR.

YOUR BILL WILL NEVER GO UP PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
»www.windstream.com/
--
Holocaust survivors and their family's fill this out.
»online.ushmm.org/registry/update···form.php

nightdesigns
Gone missing, back soon
Premium
join:2002-05-31
AZ
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to BryanInPHX

said by BryanInPHX:

Single premium channel rate will change from $14.99 to $15.00.

This is my favorite price increase
--
This Space for Rent...

Rakeesh

Mesa, AZ

Yeah I've heard of nickel and diming one to death...but pennying one to death, that's a new one. And only from Cox, your friend in the digital age!

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Windstream isn't available here.

Besides, $12.00 a month is cheaper then what Cox or any one can provide

-Rob

Vorg
Premium
join:2002-06-18
Tucson, AZ
reply to 08034016

I have a linux computer running VDR and 5 ATSC tunners (2 duals and a single). I can record all the locals at the same time. Not that there is that much on.