Search similar:

uniqs
user451
join:2011-01-07
Brampton, ON

user451 to mazhurg

to mazhurg

Re: [Cable] Peak hours SUPER slow!

DSL in our area was absolutely horrible during peak hours, much worse than anything experienced on cable since then.
quidnunc
join:2011-03-03
Richmond Hill, ON

quidnunc to hybrid_r

to hybrid_r
I guess this is related? I have been getting bad latency in online games. e.g.

traceroute to 64.74.97.131 (64.74.97.131), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
1 10.126.228.129 (10.126.228.129) 7.184 ms 7.103 ms 7.065 ms
2 67.231.222.65 (67.231.222.65) 8.525 ms 12.347 ms 12.325 ms
3 richmondhill-newkirk1.cable.teksavvy.com (69.165.168.242) 8.417 ms 8.467 ms 9.578 ms
4 richmondhill-newkirk5.cable.teksavvy.com (24.52.255.97) 139.220 ms 139.221 ms 139.193 ms
5 tge11-3.fr4.yyz.llnw.net (208.111.134.241) 116.341 ms 116.346 ms 116.327 ms
6 tge22-4.fr3.ord.llnw.net (69.28.189.137) 123.934 ms 122.952 ms 122.947 ms
7 equinix-ix.ord1.us.voxel.net (206.223.119.107) 121.571 ms 123.871 ms 124.331 ms
8 internap.ord1.us.voxel.net (208.122.29.22) 119.765 ms 120.163 ms 122.295 ms
9 border5.po1-bbnet1.chg.pnap.net (64.94.32.10) 118.573 ms 116.318 ms border5.po2-bbnet2.chg.pnap.net (64.94.32.74) 114.633 ms
10 www.cegamer.com (64.74.97.131) 117.269 ms 117.242 ms 117.579 ms

normally it would (or should) be like 30-60ms to most servers on the east coast

vsavulian
Premium Member
join:2002-11-26
ON

vsavulian

Premium Member

I can confirm a peak time increase in latency and reduction in throughput in Richmond Hill. This is limited to my Teksavvy circuit as there are no noticeable issues on the Rogers circuit.

Things got so bad tonight I had to failover all my VoIP and office VPN to the Rogers side.

I really dread calling support - there's no if loop in the script for tech savvy customers - step one is almost always in the lines of 'is your modem plugged in'?!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Guys, I had a look at the network yesterday and one backhaul link in actually pretty congested. It swings back and forth between various backhaul links due to the POI links being spread out across multiple backhaul links.. I.e. some days one back haul link is perfectly fine and other days its not. But never more than one at a time but sometimes it's extra bad... Like last night. So that means that any POIs that have one or more links on that particular backhaul link on that night will have issues. I also believe that this may be part of what's going on with the YouTube situation since so,e packets are arriving out of sequence and stuff like that as they get spread across multiple links. We have an upgrade due next week that I believe should help and we also have another 10gig link due next week or the week after. With that we will be able to sort this out. Really sorry about this folks.

evil_gusgus
join:2008-04-14
London, ON

evil_gusgus

said by TSI Marc:

Guys, I had a look at the network yesterday and one backhaul link in actually pretty congested. It swings back and forth between various backhaul links due to the POI links being spread out across multiple backhaul links.. I.e. some days one back haul link is perfectly fine and other days its not. But never more than one at a time but sometimes it's extra bad... Like last night. So that means that any POIs that have one or more links on that particular backhaul link on that night will have issues. I also believe that this may be part of what's going on with the YouTube situation since so,e packets are arriving out of sequence and stuff like that as they get spread across multiple links. We have an upgrade due next week that I believe should help and we also have another 10gig link due next week or the week after. With that we will be able to sort this out. Really sorry about this folks.

Thanks for the update Marc, it's much appreciated.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to hybrid_r

Premium Member

to hybrid_r
So these upgrades are to the core TSI network which will impact both DSL and Cable?
McJugga
join:2008-12-30
Nepean, ON

McJugga to hybrid_r

to hybrid_r
0.9 Mb/s DL atm. Hope something happens soon.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk

said by McJugga:

OK, so I'm not the only one. Something VERY wrong on Fallowfield at the moment.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r

said by metalhawk:

said by McJugga:

Very....3mbs download and VERY bad latency tonight....

Fallowfield POI...

metalhawk
Nepean, ON

metalhawk

said by d4m1r:

said by metalhawk:

said by McJugga:

Very....3mbs download and VERY bad latency tonight....

Fallowfield POI...

I can barely break 2mbps.

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r

said by metalhawk:

How long has it been happening to you? 3 hours or so here....Can still surf the net, but my work VPN connection is lagging....The latency is the problem:

http://www.pingtest.net/result/76511501.png

metalhawk
Nepean, ON

metalhawk

said by d4m1r:

said by metalhawk:

How long has it been happening to you? 3 hours or so here....Can still surf the net, but my work VPN connection is lagging....The latency is the problem:

http://www.pingtest.net/result/76511501.png

Not too sure, since I was watching the Sens' game, but it was fine before the game started at 7:00, and like this after.

KC108
join:2012-06-20
Markham, ON

KC108 to hybrid_r

to hybrid_r
I would really like to know what is going on ... my issues are back. Newkirk POI IIRC.

Hans Ottawa
@teksavvy.com

Hans Ottawa to hybrid_r

Anon

to hybrid_r
I'm at St.Laurent Ottawa area and my ping right now is 203ms. When I tried to use the speedtest.net always came back with ping failed. Currently, I can't even go to youtube at all. For normal browsing is really slow too.

Oh man, I'm expecting some troubles with TSI but not to this extend and also this is my second month with them. So frustrating and also major disappointing. If this kind of troubles are keep repeating I have to find other ISP for sure.
FireFlyFini
join:2012-12-13

FireFlyFini

My internet has been unusable since last Friday afternoon. I cannot open a web page, stream music - nothing

St. Laurent POI

First time this has happened to me but I cannot even VPN to work due to slow connection

metalhawk
Nepean, ON

metalhawk

said by FireFlyFini:

My internet has been unusable since last Friday afternoon. I cannot open a web page, stream music - nothing

St. Laurent POI

First time this has happened to me but I cannot even VPN to work due to slow connection

arth33
join:2008-06-04
K1X1M4

arth33 to FireFlyFini

to FireFlyFini
said by FireFlyFini:

St. Laurent POI

I'm in the same boat. Ping in >250ms and I'm getting ~2-3mps down and 0.5mbps up. I was fine until this morning.
bh3
bh3
join:2006-06-12
Gloucester, ON

bh3 to FireFlyFini

to FireFlyFini
Me to St. Laurent POI and I noticed it around Friday night and has been horrible all weekend. Streaming from YouTube or any other site takes 30 min for a 2 min clip. Pings in video games constantly going higher than normal by 100 to 200ms more. Downloading from newsgroups at dial up speeds. I just tried to load the app store on my ipad and it took 3 min to load. Something is very wrong I hope it gets sorted out soon.
pcfxer
join:2006-12-11
Orleans, ON

pcfxer

Yep, same here. St. Laurent POI. I work from home and provide support so to the person that says 5Mb/s is fine. LOL. You try dealing with a pissed off Doctor (they get paid per appointment btw) when his medical records aren't working.
HKPolice
join:2002-08-09
Scarborough, ON

1 edit

HKPolice to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

Any updates on this? Still getting youtube buffering every night, and speedtests are now like this:

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 3059.png

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

First shuffle to help better balance things is due Monday. 7 th 10 gig backhaul due within a week. May take a bit longer to cutover traffic but its close.

I think the YouTube issues are related to the backhaul issues. We'll fix the backhaul and we'll know for sure.

Lifeforce
Heard, not seen
join:2002-05-27
canada

Lifeforce to hybrid_r

to hybrid_r
Wow!

Wonder what would happen if I were on a lower tier than 28/1..

Optional
join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON

Optional to hybrid_r

to hybrid_r
I've been experiencing this as well, i'm on Wolfdale POI...

Life force that's nothin lol=\ I'm on the 28/1 as well.

I've tried turning off my modem and router and restarting it all several times last night and it's still slow as all hell.

I'm excited to be on a 45/3 plan when the upgrades go through, but will we even notice a difference? lol

EDIT:

Since today is definitely a 'snow day', a lot of people at home and I think it's same to assume it's going to be peak hours through out the entire day.

^ wtf is this crap..1:58 pm....at least my latency is okay.. christ. I can't even video call with work right now.

Mimiga King
join:2008-09-15
Quebec, QC

1 edit

Mimiga King to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Hello, this is my note about this issue, take it as you will. This also fills a request Andre sent me 3 weeks ago via another thread concerning the same issue. I am no network engineer but I do know my way into it a bit. Please feel free to correct me at will.

As far as I can tell, the issue seems to be from either a bad load balancing on their servers and/or a system that throttle single connections to prevent over-usage of their network by just a few individuals.

The server(s) IP in question here is "206.248.151.76" (Hostname = "ggc.teksavvy.com".

As seen in the video along this post, one single connection while trying to stream at 1080p gives me 1MBps of download speed which in most cases is enough to buffer the video enough to live-stream it but if it was to slowdown at any time then the video would have to buffer, thus creating the issue we are having right now.

Then I tried to download the video from 8 connections from the same server. Each connection would range from 300KBps to 800KBps and cap my download speed. Indicating that this specific server is not lacking bandwidth and/or overloaded at all as it CAN send the data without any issues.

Now as far as I'm concerned, I'm watching videos all evenings for severals hours. It's my main way of passing time while waiting for my WoW raid to start. I am now resolved into just downloading them all and then watching them so I don't have to deal with the buffering.

Can someone from TSI check this out because we have had this problem for a very very long time and it needs to be fixed now!

Thank-you

(P.S... both my external and internal IP are shown in this video. I don't care so don't talk about it)

»youtu.be/is_fpOAez74

[EDIT] This video I just uploaded is bufferring straight from Google @ 74.125.214.55 at a staggering 200KBps so let it ... buffer? >_>

Also, don't kill yourself thinking your speakers are broken, the video has no audio whatsoever

Lifeforce
Heard, not seen
canada

Lifeforce

You're not suggesting that Rogers is throttling TPIA customers are you? That's absurd! We can't just call it "node congestion" and hope that it fixes itself? So what if my connection is crippled from 20:00 - 12:00 nightly? That doesn't mean that Rogers would actually be throttling.

In all seriousness, I actually switched from Rogers, I switched in October. I used to be a long time Teksavvy DSL customer until dry loop costs became too expensive for me. That aside, these "hiccups" which I'm paying $70 / month for, started for me the day I switched from Rogers to Teksavvy. Now, it could be coincidental but I wouldn't call it node congestion unless my entire street signed up for cable internet between October and now.

I'm not sure if I feel like paying $70 for 10/1 service anymore.

Mimiga King
Quebec, QC

Mimiga King

It seems you may have not noticed but I am in Quebec, therefore Rogers has nothing to do with me.

Lifeforce
Heard, not seen
canada

Lifeforce

Yes, I chose Rogers, as they have something to do with me. My apologies, good luck with whomever you're dealing with

Mimiga King
Quebec, QC

Mimiga King to hybrid_r

to hybrid_r
Thank-you!. Yeah, bad ol' Videotron.

Either way, I'm not saying they or anyone is doing someone in the shadows, I'm just giving out what I can find hoping it can help in any ways.

Optional
join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON

Optional to hybrid_r

to hybrid_r
The net is fine today, which is odd because it's sunday. Sunday is prime time all day long because sundays are generally known to be boring

We'll see how it acts monday night... probably back in the crapper with 4mbps down .5 up...Is it the year 2000?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to hybrid_r

Premium Member

to hybrid_r
update: some changes were made earlier this morning to shift traffic around a bit.. this should help. we are also expecting an other 10gig link late this week and moving traffic to it next week.