uniqs
share rss forum feed

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON
reply to OttawaSam

Re: [Cable] Peak hours SUPER slow!

said by OttawaSam :

12am & speeds still super slow in Ottawa (POI is on Richmond Rd., Ottawa)... [att=1]

That is not caused by congestion of any kind. Something else is wrong (hardware, line, messed up speedtest, etc).

HRHill

@teksavvy.com
reply to hybrid_r

Ok this is getting ridiculous. I can't even youtube on 240p.

My 28/1 is running at 0.28/1

I've swapped between 3 routers since last night 11am, pretty sure the problem is not in my court.

Richmond Hill, ON

The Mongoose

join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

said by HRHill :

Ok this is getting ridiculous. I can't even youtube on 240p.

My 28/1 is running at 0.28/1

[att=1]

I've swapped between 3 routers since last night 11am, pretty sure the problem is not in my court.

Richmond Hill, ON

Speeds like that have nothing to do with POI congestion. That's something else entirely.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to HRHill

If you would like to post in the »TekSavvy Direct forum, we can look at the situation.

There should definitely be no reason for this a 1PM in the afternoon.

Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations / E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )
Follow us on Twitter : @TekSavvyCSR ; @TekSavvyNetwork

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
kudos:5
reply to HRHill

Eliminate router from equation and run your battery of tests again. Yes connect directly to the modem via ethernet cable.

OttawaSam

@teksavvy.com
reply to TSILiz

Hi Liz,

Thanks for following up with me in this forum. It's ~5pm and the speed seems to be normal now (I have the 18mb/sec plan).

Yesterday must have been an anomaly unless you guys worked on something. Thanks again!

- Sam

Mickola

@teksavvy.com

I am on 28Mbps Cable and the speed seems just fine via speedtest. However I cannot even access any videos at all, youtube, vimeo or netflix. It' s very frustating. I can watch movies via xbmc though.

Is there any problem in Markham?

franklyong
Cisco Geek

join:2004-12-05
Canada
kudos:1
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
reply to hybrid_r

Any congestion up in Newmarket? I did a consistent ping for about 2000 packets during peak time and was getting about 5% packet loss.
Also ping times ranged from 16ms to 700ms on Google, and Skype was terrible.
Attached are my current line stats which I assume are in acceptable values since the SNR seems okay.

user451

join:2011-01-07
Brampton, ON
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Guys, I had a look at the network yesterday and one backhaul link in actually pretty congested. It swings back and forth between various backhaul links due to the POI links being spread out across multiple backhaul links.. I.e. some days one back haul link is perfectly fine and other days its not. But never more than one at a time but sometimes it's extra bad... Like last night. So that means that any POIs that have one or more links on that particular backhaul link on that night will have issues. I also believe that this may be part of what's going on with the YouTube situation since so,e packets are arriving out of sequence and stuff like that as they get spread across multiple links. We have an upgrade due next week that I believe should help and we also have another 10gig link due next week or the week after. With that we will be able to sort this out. Really sorry about this folks.

Hi Marc

Any update on implementation of the expected upgrades. Peak hours are still pretty rough

Thanks

stevey_frac

join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to hybrid_r

I'm getting issues right now. Can't watch SuperHD Netflix, never mind streaming multiple things at the same time.

This is 28/1 in Cambridge.

stevey_frac

join:2009-12-09
Cambridge, ON

Is there any way to test if this is local node congestion? It bugs me when my wife can't watch her IPTV streams smoothly, and at high quality.

KC108

join:2012-06-20
Markham, ON
reply to hybrid_r

From 5 minutes ago ...

yanmai

join:2013-02-26
reply to hybrid_r

Our internet is super slow as well.
28M cable got only
0.27M for download, 0.26M for upload.

vsavulian
Premium
join:2002-11-26
ON
reply to hybrid_r

Richmond Hill is not doing too good either.

Teksavvy 28/1 service is more like 18/1 in the evening and streaming is choppy:

Rogers 35/3 at the same location:

dra6o0n

join:2011-08-15
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·ITalkBB
reply to hybrid_r

Kinda odd, my upload rates aren't suppose to take 30 seconds to start uploading test and hit 0.69Mbps...
It's 1Mbps upstream so it should hit 0.98 at least often...

What happens very common in speed tests is that Roger's 'turbo boost' functionality always kicks in and tricks the tests into thinking it's higher every once in a while.

lucidt

join:2010-12-05

1 edit
reply to hybrid_r

Can we please get an update from a TSI member, After all of these changes and updates, i am still getting really slow performance between 7 p.m. and 12 p.m EST. I did a speed test yesterday at three different sites and this is what i am getting. I have done all of the basic troubleshooting as per my ticket in the Teksavvy Direct forum

McNicoll POI

Speedtest.net

down: 3.25 Mbps
up: 0.97 Mbps

Speedtest.teksavvy.com

Down: 4.94 Mbps
up: 0.99 Mbps

Bandwidthplace.com

down: 0.4 Mbps
up: 0.91 Mbps