how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

uareatowel

join:2013-01-12

Windsor Cogeco Speeds distributel

Hello,
Ive been with distributel for a couple years now with their 10 megabit package (at least that's what it was called back then).
I end up getting around 15 megabits which is nice but im looking for more speed. I called them and they said in cogecoland/windsor only 10 megabits is available. Would upgrading my cable modem help with my speed at all? the 30 megabit connection through cogeco is available in my area but screw their limits. I have an older RCA modem that is docsis 2.0 compatible and was wondering if theres more speed in the line if i were to purchasee a docsis 3.0 modem. Also if anyone knows if distributel allows for modem changes in 2013. Any modem recommendations would be great as well.
thanks

silvercat

join:2007-11-07

Start Communications ?

»start.ca

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:5
reply to uareatowel

Once Distributel moves from dis-aggregated POI to aggregated POI, they should be able to offer higher speeds. It should be happening soon, as all ISPs have to transition to the new interconnection regime.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by HeadSpinning:

Once Distributel moves from dis-aggregated POI to aggregated POI, they should be able to offer higher speeds. It should be happening soon, as all ISPs have to transition to the new interconnection regime.

Is MNSi planning to offer Cable in the future?

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

said by Guru:

said by HeadSpinning:

Not Likely. We completed our dis-aggregated Windsor POI with Cogeco right around the time the CRTC decision on aggregated POI came out. It became clear at that point that any customers we signed up would have to be migrated to an as yet undetermined interconnection regime to a POI some 350 km away. Our fibre build to Cogeco's Windsor POP was a complete waste of money. The shifting regulatory landscape (thank you CRTC) basically blew that entire project out of the water.
--

Guru

join:2008-10-01
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL

said by HeadSpinning:

said by Guru:

said by HeadSpinning:

Not Likely. We completed our dis-aggregated Windsor POI with Cogeco right around the time the CRTC decision on aggregated POI came out. It became clear at that point that any customers we signed up would have to be migrated to an as yet undetermined interconnection regime to a POI some 350 km away. Our fibre build to Cogeco's Windsor POP was a complete waste of money. The shifting regulatory landscape (thank you CRTC) basically blew that entire project out of the water.

That sucks man. Made me sad by reading it specially the money part and the time and effort went to it, I can only imagine!

Let's hope for the best?

Eman

join:2010-08-10
reply to HeadSpinning

are there any plans for faster dsl service in areas served by your equipment?

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

Windsor, ON

said by Eman:

are there any plans for faster dsl service in areas served by your equipment?

We're doing 7M/1M right now. The problem is, it is difficult to tell which areas are serviceable by the higher speeds, and which are not until the service is actually installed. The barriers are more logistical than technical.
--